New User...Got a Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | 2.4 Ghz C2D | 1GB RAM | 320GB HDD
Hey everyone, new user and recent switcher here! First of all, OS X is awesome. Nice, simple, and quick program installations. And best of all, no annoying Anti-virus programs! :D

Anyway, I got a question. Is there an app for gif files that play them when I open the file? I know i can open them in a browser and have them start, but i'd rather have a separate program to do that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
If you open them, up in the quicktime player then you can press play to play them. That works just nice. And to loop them so they play forever just to to the view menu and click loop. Or Apple+L will do that.

kao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, NVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
Just get Xee, a great image viewer which plays gifs properly. You can also just click next/previous to go through other images in the same folder etc. Get it and try :)

OP
the_rogueknight
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | 2.4 Ghz C2D | 1GB RAM | 320GB HDD
Thanks for the help.

the8thark, i tried quicktime. never knew it could play gifs, but for one of mine, QT played it really fast. probably the file and not a quicktime issue.

kao, i will try Xee. it looks like what i might be looking for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.