CD slide show software....

F

Fstop36

Hey Community...I need a simple slide show program so I could burn to a CD and show my photographic portfolio...I just need basic dissolves and possibly adding music.....Any ideas?? Also, I have Norton Utilities 8.0...Has anyone used "Warrior"? And if so, Is it superior to Norton? Fstop

OP
B

Badger

I use Norton's, DiskWarrior and Techtool on a regular basis. All 3 of them have different strengths but I consider DiskWarrior to be essential with either TechTool or Norton's as a secondary. Personally, I think TT has moved ahead of Norton's but since Norton's is being dropped it will soon be just DW and TT anyway.
Badger

OP
F

Fstop36

Very Helpful....Thanks

To trpnmonkey....Once the CD is burned, can it be played on any Mac or does said Mac need the software to play the slide show? Is it cross platform to play on a PC? I am anxious to get started...Thanks

Badger, thanks for your input...I didn't realize they are phasing out Norton...Why?

Fstop

OP
B

Badger

re: Norton's; Symantec has not made any major changes to Norton's recently (and was really slow with an OS X version), at the same time other companies made major improvements so Norton's lost business to other programs, and Symantec in general seems to have a limited commitment to the Mac. So it seems to be a combination of competition and apathy.
Badger

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Fstop36 said:
To trpnmonkey....Once the CD is burned, can it be played on any Mac or does said Mac need the software to play the slide show? Is it cross platform to play on a PC? I am anxious to get started...Thanks

Badger, thanks for your input...I didn't realize they are phasing out Norton...Why?

Fstop

I would put a copy of the application on the burned CD. Then you should have no problem show your slide show, because the application that created it is available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It burns it as VCD so it plays on almost all dvd players

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.