PDA

View Full Version : New iPods

tacsniper
09-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Completed Coverage:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/05/steve-jobs-live-apples-the-beat-goes-on-special-event/

Confirmed on Engadget.com of the new ipod that we've been seeing "spyshots" of....

El-Jobso just dropped news that the whole iPod lineup is getting a refresh or replace -- including the nano. Apparently those "spy photos" weren't too far off, as the new nanos look almost identical to what we've seen. The new units will include 2-inch screens with QVGA resolution, which apparently boast the same look as the iPod video. The new screen has the highest pixel density the company has ever shipped, and apparently the extra-wide players will sport an "enhanced" UI with a version of Cover Flow. The nano will come bundled with three games, including a circular-Arkanoid rip-off called Vortex. Additionally, a Product (RED) version of the player is on its way, along with the multi-color standard models.

Looks like apple changed the package to the shuffle... looks chubbier, kinda look like the new ipods

So, while the apple store is down right now...... who is ordering the new ipod?

SpliCer261
09-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Fans who wanted an ipod with touch screen have their prayers answered!!

and yeah, it had built in wifi..

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6015/picture5na2.jpg

Well, what do you know. Turns out the iPod Touch is a reality after all. While we initially assumed that Mr. Jobs wouldn't be so kind as to bless us all with two new full-fledged iPods in a single day, we're elated that he had other ideas. The new flagship iPod has "the same size screen as the iPhone, but it's even thinner" (eight-millimeters, for those taking notes), and it also touts the "same multi-touch interface" found on the the firm's handset. Additionally, it boasts a 3.5-inch widescreen display, the ability to "flick through your photos," and you even get the "slide to unlock" feature, too. And yes, this thing actually has WiFi.

Link : http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/05/ipod-touch-gets-official/

Willem
09-05-2007, 02:18 PM
I am SO into this ... I might finally cave and get a new iPod.

Kash
09-05-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm quite surprised Apple came out with this. Wouldn't this cannibalize iPhone sales? Though I guess if you're going to lose sales, you might as well lose them to yourself.

This is pretty cool for people who wanted an iPhone without the phone. I'm pretty sure my brother will get one of these since he can't get the iPhone

dan828
09-05-2007, 02:26 PM
I'd like one of these, but since I have 4 working mp3 players already, not to mention a cell phone, gps reciever, and PDA that can play mp3s as well, I'm thinking I probably don't need one......but.....but.....WiFI......
:(

dfwxjer
09-05-2007, 02:32 PM
8 or 16 gig models for $299 or $399? No thanks. I'll keep my iPod "Classic"

knightlie
09-05-2007, 02:36 PM
I'd like one of these, but since I have 4 working mp3 players already, not to mention a cell phone, gps reciever, and PDA that can play mp3s as well, I'm thinking I probably don't need one......but.....but.....WiFI......
:(

Exactly, I have a nano, Palm and phone, I don't need an iPod Touch... but....

jaline
09-05-2007, 02:37 PM
The iPhone has gone down considerably in price, which is great, but I still wouldn't buy it.

It's better than the new iPod Touch though, since that one doesn't have the phone capabilities. While I hardly use phones, I still think the iPhone is better than the iPod Touch. I have no need for all that stuff on the iPod Touch to be portable (especially without a phone). It's nice that Apple is coming out with all these new products and updates, but some of the stuff was unnecessary. That Starbucks thing especially.

Kilted1
09-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Exactly, I have a nano, Palm and phone, I don't need an iPod Touch... but....

I know the feeling... I'd love a Touch however I have a working 60Gig iPod with Applecare.. I can go without...Maybe.....My cell phone is an old SE Z600 so maybe if I wait for the iPhone I can have the best of both worlds when it finally gets here to Norway

That way I won't have to verify and Repair too many Permissions with the wife 

opus_az
09-05-2007, 02:56 PM
The phoneless iPhone, with Safari and WiFi! Thanks Apple! Couldn't have asked for more. Others may prefer more than 16 GB, but I don't mind.

Now let's hack it and get IM and email on it.

I'm pretty excited about this. :)

Bear Hunter
09-05-2007, 03:06 PM
It's nice for sure...but why the heck doesn't it have a weather, notes, and stocks icons like the iPhone does?? Seems to me that it should incorporate everything the iPhone has minus the phone feature.

goobimama
09-05-2007, 03:14 PM
@kilted: How'd you get that special apple character?

SpliCer261
09-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Apple is there for the consumer.

Just because they have the iphone out doesn't mean they are out for the music fans

this is great news for everyone!

Kilted1
09-05-2007, 03:22 PM
@kilted: How'd you get that special apple character?
On my keyboard it's Option + a

SpliCer261
09-05-2007, 03:24 PM
It's nice for sure...but why the heck doesn't it have a weather, notes, and stocks icons like the iPhone does?? Seems to me that it should incorporate everything the iPhone has minus the phone feature.

I'm sure you will be able to download widgets in the future, plenty of space in the main menu

I think we should be glad such a device is out already, even though the iphone is out , apple still decided to go ahead and release such a device

Things like weather, stock, notes are very much suited for business people, which is exactly what the iphone is aimed at.

Whereas the ipod touch is more of an entertainment device for music and ipod lovers. i'm sure because of the wifi feature safari was added. It's a device to enjoy music and watch music videos or shows.

Iphone is your business and entertainment device, ipod touch..the next gen ipod :D

Bear Hunter
09-05-2007, 03:28 PM
I think your right about downloading widgets...hence all the space available as noted.

Newbee question....can you pair the iPodtouch with your home wirless network?

Kash
09-05-2007, 03:38 PM
It has normal Wi-Fi, so you should be able to connect it to any Wi-Fi network, provided you have the password to those that are secure.

I was just thinking. This thing TOTALLY blows the Zune out of the water. The Zune's Wi-Fi was essentially useless, whereas the Touch's is exactly what Wi-Fi on a portable should be like. Once the storage is ramped up, the Zune is going exactly where every other "iPod killer" has ended up :D

AZRunner
09-05-2007, 03:39 PM
The iPhone has gone down considerably in price, which is great, but I still wouldn't buy it.

I'm not aware of any price drop for the iPhone and I just bought one yesterday.

Kash
09-05-2007, 03:43 PM
It was announced today. Price went down like $200. If I were you, find out if you can get credit for the difference since you just bought it yesterday. If that doesn't work, return it and then buy it again for the lower price :P

AtTheCross
09-05-2007, 03:44 PM
for me, a recent switcher, this means I get rid of my last MS device.

I am now selling my Dell x51v PDA to get the iPod touch.

qwik3r
09-05-2007, 03:54 PM
hahah apple is amazing dropping the price on the iphone so soon after release

Shannonb
09-05-2007, 04:09 PM
250 for 80gb. 350 for 160gb.

For those prices I'd much rather have this than the touch. My opinion.

jdub
09-05-2007, 04:15 PM
microsoft did something pretty similar with the first xbox in the u.k. dropped the price 100. I got a free controller and 2 free games because i'd bought full price on the release date.

AZRunner
09-05-2007, 04:30 PM
It was announced today. Price went down like $200. If I were you, find out if you can get credit for the difference since you just bought it yesterday. If that doesn't work, return it and then buy it again for the lower price :P

Just my luck. I'm calling the store now. If I do have to return it they'll charge me a 10% restocking fee. I hope they're cool about it.

trademark
09-05-2007, 04:36 PM
It's amazing they can fit 160gb in there. That's over half of my computer's hd.

christm
09-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Well my first reaction is

WHAT ON EARTH HAVE APPLE DONE. A weird menu system with album art on one side. Ringtones ? ha.

I love every ipod before this but I think at this moment in time todays release is just horrid. It seems so fat and bulgy. Like IE 7.

What are your thoughts

Brandon
09-05-2007, 04:47 PM
I think the 160GB ipod classic was the best announcement that came out today.

Nabooly
09-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Lets just say, Steve has gne crazy!

Everything from the colors, the shape, the sizes, the video capabilities on the nano, the size of the hdds on the ipod touch, are allllll places he went wrong at!

Louie
09-05-2007, 04:58 PM
i would never beable to fill up the 160 as its over the size of my macbooks HDD :P
I really like it, i bought the touch though as thats what i would get more use out of even if i cant fit everything on it.

Dimitri
09-05-2007, 04:59 PM
I couldn't disagree more. The interface looks much better. You know, actually utilizing the screen real estate instead of 90% whitespace?

The ipod touch is flash, not hdd. The only shape change was the nano, and that one is a little curious, though I actually though the old one was too skinny to easily hold and control.

mynameis
09-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Is it the exact same case and screen as an iPhone just without the phone features?

Regardless, Pretty neat, but I just want my Apple Wireless Keyboard already :(

dtravis7
09-05-2007, 05:04 PM
I really like all the new ipods except the Nano. Maybe I will get used to the Nano in time but really don't see Videos on something that small. I also love the thin and narrow Nano as I can even put it in my Small Levi's pocket. Sad to see that go.

I would purchase a touch if I had the $$$.

rodekio
09-05-2007, 05:05 PM
I couldn't disagree more. The interface looks much better. You know, actually utilizing the screen real estate instead of 90% whitespace?

The ipod touch is flash, not hdd. The only shape change was the nano, and that one is a little curious, though I actually though the old one was too skinny to easily hold and control.

what are the practical changes that an average user will notice about the switch from hdd to flash-based?

dtravis7
09-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Hard drives draw more current, one bang and the drive could be dead. Flash is faster also at least comparing my Nano to my 3g ipod and iPod Mini. Flash is smaller also.

Dimitri
what are the practical changes that an average user will notice about the switch from hdd to flash-based?

Reliability & reduced thickness, I suppose.

elbolao23
for the price...........and the capacity it has i'll stick with the classic. 8 GB is like 3% of my songs alone, not counting videos and all that stuff

WasabiTaylor
09-05-2007, 05:13 PM
I'll be buying the Silver 80gb as soon as it hits stores. Very excited about this "classic" iPod.

christm
the ipod touch i dont have a problem with or the shuffle. the the rest

greencode
16gig - are they having a laugh! I'm getting a little frustrated with the limited space on my 30gb 5g iPod so what use would I have with this and especially for the price they are charging.

Dimitri
09-05-2007, 05:20 PM
16gig - are they having a laugh! I'm getting a little frustrated with the limited space on my 30gb 5g iPod so what use would I have with this and especially for the price they are charging.

You wouldn't. So get a classic.

For those of us that want additionally PDA and wifi functionality and the nice big screen, slimmer profile and more reliable device with no moving parts and don't need our entire library on it, we would. :D

ArmanSLR
09-05-2007, 05:26 PM
on another forum that had a rumor thread yesterday i was like, If apple makes the new ipod have wifi, touchscreen, coverflow, and work like the iphone when you move the screen,I would gladly get one, and I only have 3.8 gb of songs, but only 2 gb have album artwork so the 8gb model is perfect for me :D

jbgordon
09-05-2007, 05:38 PM

Yeah, not to mention mail. I hope that these will be added before release.

baggss
09-05-2007, 05:40 PM
I will be buying a Black 160Gb within the next few weeks.

anmoldagreat
09-05-2007, 05:46 PM
yeh i might have to pick up the 80gig
i only have a 100gigs of music and that doesnt justify the cost for me atleast

cause who watches movies or pics on their ipod anyway

oh and would anyone happen to know if its thinner than the current ipod 30gig video and if it will fit in the same dock?

baggss
09-05-2007, 05:53 PM
cause who watches movies or pics on their ipod anyway

I watch movies on mine quite frequently....

nl74
09-05-2007, 05:59 PM
16gb is not enough for video imo. One of the things I like about my 5G pod is I can have my entire record collection and pretty much as many movies/tv shows as I want.

Video takes much more memory than music so lets put a 160gb hdd in a pod aimed at music and 16gb in one aimed at video! Massive mistake imo.
What a shame it has everything I wanted except the storage space. I'm gutted and may have to look elsewhere.

tacsniper
09-05-2007, 06:14 PM
now my question for the new nano is, will they work like the "old" nano with third party accessories?

Shannonb
09-05-2007, 06:21 PM
i'll wait til the 80gb hits refurb stores for 200 bucks.

greencode
09-05-2007, 06:23 PM
You wouldn't. So get a classic.

For those of us that want additionally PDA and wifi functionality and the nice big screen, slimmer profile and more reliable device with no moving parts and don't need our entire library on it, we would. :D

So where's the PDA? You can't add diary events, memo's to-do's etc can you? Forgive me if I'm wrong.

ArmanSLR
09-05-2007, 06:36 PM
i hope that they will have more widgets that will be downloadable, I watched the ipod touch video and read all the info on apple but can't see to find this, I definatly will be getting one, I will be getting the 8 GB model. I hope they will have a mail for all type's of email including tmail, hotmail, gmail etc. and a widget for weather cus i use mine a lot.

Dimitri
09-05-2007, 06:40 PM
So where's the PDA? You can't add diary events, memo's to-do's etc can you? Forgive me if I'm wrong.
Sure you can. And you're forgiven. ;D

Dimitri
09-05-2007, 06:50 PM
16gb is not enough for video imo. One of the things I like about my 5G pod is I can have my entire record collection and pretty much as many movies/tv shows as I want.

Video takes much more memory than music so lets put a 160gb hdd in a pod aimed at music and 16gb in one aimed at video! Massive mistake imo.
What a shame it has everything I wanted except the storage space. I'm gutted and may have to look elsewhere.

To be fair, the ipod touch is hardly aimed at video. Sure, it has the nice screen, but it's not what it's aimed at. It's more a jack of all trades, and not meant to contain one's entire library of anything (except maybe pictures). For on-the-go carry along a couple movies, a couple day's worth of music, and a bunch of pictures. Factor in PDA functionality & internet and you'll start to see why some might want it.

Besides, we'll eventually see larger capacities for flash. HDD will eventually be pointless on a portable device.

yogi
09-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Well, there's the niche thread of the new product haterz, and whatever is said, fact remains: Apple will sell more iPods and more music this winter thatn ever, and a lot of coffee will be drunk in NYC and Seattle.

Mac996
09-05-2007, 06:54 PM
why would they do only 16GB???? With all the TV shows and movies... isn't that just too small? My last ipod is 60 gig, don't think I'll use all of it, but with the option of downloading movies and videos, the space would go faster.

Any news on when they will release these with bigger HD's?

Otherwise I love the new style :)

cwa107
09-05-2007, 06:59 PM
My reactions:

1. The Nano's form needed to change to accommodate video, period. It just couldn't be done well in the same shape as the existing Nano. It's still tiny and thin, but now it has more capability and "bang for the buck".

2. Pricing and storage capacity on the "Classic" are awesome. The $250 pricing for the 80GB makes Microsoft's move of reducing Zune pricing to $199 for the 30GB model largely irrelevant. I'll gladly pay an extra $50 for more than 2/3 the storage, iPod flexibility and compatibility with car integration. This was a great move. I also like the full metal body as opposed to the easily damaged clear plastic face of the 5G (not that it couldn't be overcome with a good case).

3. I was a bit disappointed with the iPod Touch. Pricing is a bit too high given the limited storage capacity (understandable with flash being the storage medium). To me, this is sort of the "ultimate" version of the iPod and it should have capacity to match. Even with 16GB, it will barely fit my music collection, let alone video.

Other thoughts...

It seems a bit ridiculous to have to pay $0.99 for the privilege of using music that you already own as a ring tone. Had they chosen to make this capability free, it would be a huge selling feature for the iPhone and the iTMS.

The price reduction on the iPhone is going to disappoint a lot of iPhone early-adopters. This is the price point it should have been at all along. I also don't understand why these things (including the iPod Touch) can't have an SD card slot.

Just my $0.02....

def_ears
09-05-2007, 07:07 PM
I don't know if I like the new nano or not.

mi6
09-05-2007, 07:09 PM
I will buy Zune2...
I love macs...
hate the iphone...
now hate the ipods...

Levi
09-05-2007, 07:11 PM
I think the 160GB ipod classic was the best announcement that came out today.

Seconded. The iPod touch is cool, but the whole reason I got an iPod was so I could fit all my music on there, have it wherever I go and not have to choose out of 10,000+ songs which ones I want with me that day. I couldn't do that; I never know what I'm going to want to listen to when.

Now my music library is 72GB, movies another 100GB (and will be more when I get round to putting the rest of my movies on there), TV shows another 50GB (and again, I've got probably 3 times as many on disc waiting to be added as soon as I get a bigger HDD for it all). That's not taking into account Podcasts, Games, or Photos. My 60GB iPod just doesn't cut it anymore.

Music is my main concern; if there's enough room for a few movies, TV shows and the like then that's a bonus.

Also, because my library is so large it's limited to an external HDD (250GB at the moment; soon to be upgraded to 500GB because I've run out of space)... not ideal when my only computer is a laptop... what happens when I'm on the move? Well with 160GB I can at least have all my music and my fave movies with me.

I can't wait to get mine; rightly or wrongly it'll be one of the first things I buy with my student loan.... hey, Apple is always pushing the iPod as an educational device too right?!

JRV
09-05-2007, 07:17 PM
That new iPod Nano looks terrible. My old iPod Nano looks cooler than that thing. Mine doesn't have video but I don't want video, that's why I bought a Nano to begin with. Apple is trying to hard. I can't get over how ugly this thing is.

milessthomas
09-05-2007, 08:20 PM
And they look pretty freaking sweet.

kuklachica
09-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Sure you can. And you're forgiven. ;D

Where does it say you can directly add contacts, calendar events, memos, etc? I'm just curious because I looked at the website and didn't see anything. I really want an iPod/PDA hybrid and I am hoping the iPod touch is what I am looking for!

UserofMacOSX
09-05-2007, 08:53 PM
I think the touch screen suits the iPod much better than the iPhone. I can see it being a big hit! :)

Dimitri
09-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Where does it say you can directly add contacts, calendar events, memos, etc? I'm just curious because I looked at the website and didn't see anything. I really want an iPod/PDA hybrid and I am hoping the iPod touch is what I am looking for!

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features.html?feature=multitouch

And iPod touch features a touchscreen QWERTY keyboard perfect for browsing the web in Safari, searching for videos on YouTube, finding music on the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store, entering calendar events, or adding new contacts.

spudd4242
09-05-2007, 09:21 PM
is the internet service free or do u need to have a monthly plan

bittenapple
09-05-2007, 09:34 PM
I never liked an iPod until now. iPod touch surely is impressive...something that I wasn't really expecting. It is bit too expensive for me at the moment but I will probably get my hands on one later.

Chubby Nano was not a good idea imo...they should have called it Mini!

bittenapple
09-05-2007, 09:40 PM
I will buy Zune2...
I love macs...
hate the iphone...
now hate the ipods...

And Zune is better than iPod because?

Give me a break. If you don't like iPods at least get something that is worth getting. Like an iRiver or I dunno Meizu or something.

fleurya
09-05-2007, 09:48 PM
My thoughts:

Nano:
I think the Nano was fine the way it was and serving it's purpose. The new "Fatty" just looks bad and isn't worth the video option, especially considering the very limited memory which would only allow you to carry a small amount of video anyway. I guess I'll be one of the few enjoying buying a previous model on the cheap.

Classic:
Hey, why mess with a good thing? But, the Classic and Touch are 2 products that should be one.

Touch:
As said before, 2 products that need to be one. The thinness fixation is out of control. Just ask Kate Moss!! (I kid, I kid) Why can't Apple just put the micro-drive in the Touch which has a lot more memory and is much cheaper, GB per GB than flash. The end result would be a Touch with the memory of a Classic for the same price!

It's kind of obvious what's going on. Apple is taking a page from their own book. Think of how many additional sales of next gen iPods Apple made to people who already owned previous gen iPods. Apple capitalized on the slow growth of hard drive memory, and now their positioning themselves to ride that money train all over again with the Touch. Simple, but genius. We'll see intermittent upgrades in memory with just enough feature and style changes to get people to want to buy all over again.

My advice: outsmart the fox. Buy Apple stock and buy your next gen iPods with the almost guaranteed dividend checks!!

fleurya
09-05-2007, 09:55 PM
One more thing:
Ringtones, never bought them, never will. It was a little understandable with cell providers who didn't sell music outright. But for Apple to charge for ringtones of songs you already bought is highway robbery!! Paying the same price for a 30 second clip as you did for the song you just bought is 100% out and out insanity. I really hope this plan goes down in flames for Apple. Honestly, it makes me want to punch a wall, Steve Jobs, and any person who actually participates in it! For anyone who naively believes Apple is in the corner of the consumer, I give you Apple Ringtones.

I beg you all, please do not fall for this BS!! Show a little dignity!

bittenapple
09-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I think what Apple did is wise. The classic has still tons of users and some people would really be sceptical of the new all touch based interface plus the massive screena dn battery life. So, we can say is the 1st gen of iPod Touches are really trials. I believe higher capacity ones will follow. But if you are a user like me that has only maximum 2gigs of songs at one time in his MP3 player, then there is so little reason why you wouldn't go for iPod touch (probably price is one :) ) 16gb would be more than enough for me while 8 would also be sufficient. I like keeping my library in my computer rather than my MP3 player....I put all the hot songs and the things I listen to in there. So, I think Apple's move is not that bad really....and if you want tons of storage, go for 160 gigs, classic is still hot!

Ghostshadow
09-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Freee!!! it's wifi!

Mactime
09-05-2007, 10:38 PM
This is great I always wanted an ipod and just never justified the need for it, but now the new ipod nano looks amazing and the ipod touch is even better especially with the wifi.............hmm i wonder which one should i get?

dtravis7
09-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi6
I will buy Zune2...
I love macs...
hate the iphone...
now hate the ipods...

And Zune is better than iPod because?

Give me a break. If you don't like iPods at least get something that is worth getting. Like an iRiver or I dunno Meizu or something.

Also the Zune will not work in OSX at all. You would have to use Windows just to access and add music to the Zune. If you love Macs, don't get a Zune. I have nothing against the Zune by the way, so no one get offended. It's just it will not work with the OS I use daily, so it's worthless to me.

Netty4mac
09-06-2007, 12:49 AM
Will the iPod touch be in stores on Sep.28? I'm soooo buying one!

irvinefan
09-06-2007, 03:12 AM
Whilst I do want a new ipod, I have already put money aside for the iphone, so I dont want to get the touch as well.

Do I really want to get another ipod as well as an iphone

Well of course I do but I dont think I can justify it as the only problem with mine is it is a bit slow...

christm
09-06-2007, 03:14 AM
has my thoughts thread been removed because it just redirects to this one.

any one know. i dont know i just would like to know if i post on this one or try and find the thread that i posted

vaughan80
09-06-2007, 03:29 AM
The new ipod touch seems like such a wasted opportunity. I was raring to get one of these, but really - 16GB!?!

That is laughable. I think i'll stick to my ipod classic until they release a sensible hard drive (60GB+).

Loving the new 160GB classic though, that's awesome! The new nano looks wierd though....

bittenapple
09-06-2007, 04:46 AM
The new ipod touch seems like such a wasted opportunity. I was raring to get one of these, but really - 16GB!?!

That is laughable. I think i'll stick to my ipod classic until they release a sensible hard drive (60GB+).

Loving the new 160GB classic though, that's awesome! The new nano looks wierd though....

They had to keep them distinct (Classic and Touch) until the day that Apple is ready to make a switch to the next gen iPods imo.
What is laughable about 16 gigs? Did you guys forget cassettes and stuff already! lol.

Dimitri
09-06-2007, 04:47 AM
has my thoughts thread been removed because it just redirects to this one.

any one know. i dont know i just would like to know if i post on this one or try and find the thread that i posted

Your thread was merged with this one, apparently. Starts on page 2.

johnnyluu
09-06-2007, 05:22 AM
I think 16 gigs is ample storage for any normal person.

Seriously, how much of people's music collection is listened to at any one time. Even the most eclectically minded out there will generally have groups of albums that they will alternate between, for this purpose all of the iPods, apart from the Classic, are perfectly suited.

But apple knew that there would be people out there intent on storing as much music and video as they can possible squeeze onto a single mobile device. That's why they kept the classic and increased the storage capacity.

vaughan80
09-06-2007, 05:49 AM
I travel a lot, my 60gig ipod is full, ideally - i need more.
I do agree, I can't listen to all that music at once - but if I am travelling I cannot take my computer with me. I like the option of being able to listen to anything I want to.

I just think it's a bit of a waste with such a small HD. Still, at least in another year they will release a new version with a bigger HD. i'll wait for that one.

jbgordon
09-06-2007, 07:10 AM
No one has seemed to mention that the touch doesn't have mail, maps, weather, stocks...Why wouldn't apple just include these, especially the first two?

Zoolook
09-06-2007, 07:19 AM
No one has seemed to mention that the touch doesn't have mail, maps, weather, stocks...Why wouldn't apple just include these, especially the first two?

Because if it became a PDA that can play iTunes songs, it would be compared with the likes of Palm etc, and perhaps not fair too well.

Dimitri
09-06-2007, 07:28 AM

Maybe they will. Maybe at launch, maybe later. It's certainly capable since it has Safari and wifi.

knightlie
09-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Because if it became a PDA that can play iTunes songs, it would be compared with the likes of Palm etc, and perhaps not fair too well.

Exactly, it doesn't do enough to become a full-on PDA, although I can see them adding those features later. Or making come kind of iPad thing with more PDA functionality - but then, that's what the iPhone ought to be.

jbgordon
09-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Exactly, it doesn't do enough to become a full-on PDA, although I can see them adding those features later. Or making come kind of iPad thing with more PDA functionality - but then, that's what the iPhone ought to be.

If I do end up buying the iPod Touch then I will still be able to get my email through Safari, but it would just make it so much easier to have separate "widgets." The same thing goes for maps, weather, and stocks. Since they had all of these for the iPhone why wouldn't they just include them on the Touch. I don't want a PDA, I want an iPod with the ability to do these other things via wifi. I will still probably buy one because safari will enable me to do them, just not in as simple or direct a manner.

fleurya
09-06-2007, 09:17 AM

Maybe they will add them later, but before that, someone will find a way to pull these apps off an iPhone and flash them onto the Touch. It really shouldn't take long since the software has already been broken. The homebrew apps will be coming aplenty!

I think 16 gigs is ample storage for any normal person.

Seriously, how much of people's music collection is listened to at any one time. Even the most eclectically minded out there will generally have groups of albums that they will alternate between, for this purpose all of the iPods, apart from the Classic, are perfectly suited.

It's not about listening to it all, but having the option of listening to what you want at any moment. I listen to a wide variety of music and can be in the mood for anything from my library at any time. Plus, it's just a pain to have to keep changing up music on your device when you can have it all.

They just need to make some kind of connection via .Mac so you can change up your music via the wireless connection. That would go a long way in relieving the small memory issue.

ArmanSLR
09-06-2007, 09:39 AM
the .99 for ringtones I don't mind, but I won't be getting an iPhone but I think apple did those because if they allowed any song on your itunes library for free, then people could just use songs they ripped or downloaded 3rd party, so I think this was a smart move.

WasabiTaylor
09-06-2007, 10:46 AM
I prefer to have all of my music on my iPod at any given time for reasons similar to fleurya. I also use my iPod in my car, and when I have people riding with me, I like to let them explore my collection and pick whatever they want. And, in addition to music, I'm really looking forward to being able to use the video capabilities. Although the Touch probably gives a better viewing experience, there's no way I could fit my music and videos on such a small drive.

cwa107
09-06-2007, 11:07 AM
It's not about listening to it all, but having the option of listening to what you want at any moment. I listen to a wide variety of music and can be in the mood for anything from my library at any time. Plus, it's just a pain to have to keep changing up music on your device when you can have it all.

Agreed. The appeal of an MP3 player (any MP3 player) to me is to be able to take my entire music collection with me, wherever I go. When I shuffle my music, it's like having my own radio station with only the music that I like. When I plug it into my car, I don't need to fool around with CDs or carry them in a hostile environment. Everything fits in my pocket.

16GB is just shy of what I would need to house my entire collection - and of course, that doesn't leave any room for videos or other data (which I think is part of the appeal of having an iPod Touch - it's a quasi-PDA).

I'm sure lots of people have smaller music collections and don't necessarily want or need video capability. If that's the case, I can't imagine spending $400 for an iPod Touch, just to have the PDA features, when you could have a Nano for half the price.

I think that's why a lot of people are curious as to why they chose to use flash instead of a Microdrive in the Touch.

Levi
09-06-2007, 11:25 AM

I've already stated my view on the iPod and how I'll be getting the 160GB one, however I think 16GB is great for most people.

Think about it; the iPod mini/nano line has never gone above 8GB and they've always been the most popular iPods (and all the people I know have always gone with the 4GB model). I actually think most people will get the 8GB touch at the cheaper price point... although saying that, with this being the first time Apple has enabled video on their flash devices a few people might be more inclined to get the 16GB than they normally would. Even so, video content in the UK is virtually non-existent (Lost and South Park seems to be the only stuff that's selling), and most people I know wouldn't even know how to rip their DVDs, so I still think it's going to be 97+% for music in most people's case.

the .99 for ringtones I don't mind, but I won't be getting an iPhone but I think apple did those because if they allowed any song on your itunes library for free, then people could just use songs they ripped or downloaded 3rd party, so I think this was a smart move.

I'm sort of annoyed at that (not that the iPhone is even on sale here yet). Most if not all mobile phones with music capabilities allow you to chose one of your songs as a ringtone.

I can also see where they're coming from; playing music publicly, even as your ringtone is a legal grey area. I'm sure Apple doesn't want to lose even more parters for the iTunes store when they can find an easy way to keep everybody reasonably happy.

As a final note, I always use a "ring ring" as my ringtone... call me old fashioned, but I think using songs as rintones is a bit tacky. With that in mind and the fact that I don't have an iPhone, I can't be that upset with Apple on this one :P

Dimitri
09-06-2007, 11:44 AM
I think that's why a lot of people are curious as to why they chose to use flash instead of a Microdrive in the Touch.
Weren't they curious why a drive wasn't used in the iPhone either? I'm sure speed and battery life and size were factors.

dkdesire
09-06-2007, 12:03 PM
On the itouch "WHATS NEEDED" specs it says OSX 10.4 or newer. So I guess i'll be losing out as i'm still on 10.3.9 :Grimmace: :Grimmace: :Grimmace:

cwa107
09-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Weren't they curious why a drive wasn't used in the iPhone either? I'm sure speed and battery life and size were factors.

Speed and size aren't factors - at least not with microdrives. Battery life is a good point though. I think a cell phone needs to be a lot more rugged than a media player. You're more apt to take a cell phone everywhere, non-stop.

Dimitri
09-06-2007, 12:59 PM
How do microdrives give you more storage, though? And they aren't as fast as flash are they?

cwa107
09-06-2007, 01:10 PM
How do microdrives give you more storage, though? And they aren't as fast as flash are they?

I was under the impression that the 5G 30GB iPods use microdrives, but having Googled it, I must be wrong because I don't see where they're available in anything larger than 20GB. If that's true, my whole argument doesn't hold any water :*

Flash isn't as fast as traditional RAM. The transfer rates are comparable to hard drives, which is why latency is similar when you compare a flash-based iPod to a "classic" model.

Dimitri
09-06-2007, 01:33 PM
iPod minis used microdrives of 4/6gb. I doubt Apple will go back to that format, though. Flash has dropped enough in price to make it pointless. No point in changing the storage medium of the touch unless it's a HDD, but then other issues are introduced.

Z mann R2
09-06-2007, 02:37 PM
im fairly upset that the model ive been dreaming of, a full widescreen ipod will not be larger than 16gigs!! It's pointless to buy it now because apple will lower the price and bump the memory at least 10 gigs within a year.....AHHHH!!!

also, shouldn't any widgets/programs that are available for the iPhone work also on the iTouch?

kuklachica
09-06-2007, 08:57 PM
It seems that the 'red' isn't as 'red' as it used to be!! That stinks!! I've always wanted a red nano, not a magenta one, now I can't get one!! Unless they start offering them on the refurb site...

dtravis7
09-06-2007, 09:03 PM
It seems that the 'red' isn't as 'red' as it used to be!! That stinks!! I've always wanted a red nano, not a magenta one, now I can't get one!! Unless they start offering them on the refurb site...

Maybe it's the picture. Check it out in person.

ki99
09-06-2007, 09:33 PM
wow... i never saw the need for anything memory size over 20GB on an ipod (excluding video purposes). but you guys are talking about insane collections... like i think i heard somebody mention a 72GB music library. all i have to say to that is /wow/. my library is 2GB... most people i know don't have libraries bigger than 1GB.

in regards to the nano. i hated the older gen nanos. IMO they look stupid and are hard to hold. everyone i know who has one, it has frozen in multiple occasions. i really like the look of the new nanos. the look much easier to hold, and generally cooler. i still prefer the look of the classic, but the touch is wicked cool. i mean come on. >>you can touch your music<< :P

Dimitri
09-06-2007, 09:37 PM
wow... i never saw the need for anything memory size over 20GB on an ipod (excluding video purposes). but you guys are talking about insane collections... like i think i heard somebody mention a 72GB music library. all i have to say to that is /wow/. my library is 2GB... most people i know don't have libraries bigger than 1GB.

Believe me, there are some insane-sized libraries out there. I consider myself a music enthusiast and have about 50GB of music.

At the same time, I realize the average user is a more casual music collector like yourself with much smaller libraries. Hence the reason the nanos and minis were so popular.

Sometimes people assume everyone else is like themselves which obviously isn't the case.

Brandon
09-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Also, people keep talking about GB like it is an exact indicator of how many songs you have - as if everybody stores their music at the same bitrate. Wow, my library is 2GB, and you have 20GB, you must have 10 times as many songs.

A lot of the time, it has to do with the sound quality you want; higher sound quality equals bigger files. If you want to store your music at CD quality, as .wav files, each album takes up about 700MB of disk space, nearly one gig for each CD. Again, for the average listener, 128kpbs mp3 may suffice, and you may think you can't tell the difference, but for audiophiles, really nothing less than 320kpbs mp3 is acceptable.

Granted, on small headphones and with most types of music, it IS hard to notice the lesser sound quality.

I'm just saying, I haven't even finishing backing up all my CD's, and I have already filled my 120GB harddrive, and am now working on filling up my 500GB external harddrive. Doesn't mean I have 1,000 CDs.

fleurya
09-06-2007, 11:11 PM

I have about 30GB myself. The biggest collection I've heard is Baggss. I don't know how big his is, but I definitely in the triple digits if I remember correctly and probably one of a select few that could put the 160GB storage completely with just music!

dtravis7
09-06-2007, 11:30 PM
I have about 30GB myself. The biggest collection I've heard is Baggss. I don't know how big his is, but I definitely in the triple digits if I remember correctly and probably one of a select few that could put the 160GB storage completely with just music!

If I put all my collection which is scattered on a few Macs throughout the house it's probably close to Baggss collection. I still have CD's to rip also!! :D

I keep all music I like.

At the same time though, I don't want it all on one iPod. I still have my 10GB 3g and that is fine for the music I want with me at any given time. It's the Videos for the new iPods that would make me want a lot more room!

smeshy123
09-07-2007, 02:03 AM
I've been waiting for them to up the ipod "classic" to way over 80, but I've been waiting for something like the touch!!! I'm soo conflicted. I have a nano and a 80gb (15k song) music library. I take a shuffle of songs everywhere I go...and it works great. I don't see the point of taking your entire collection everywhere with you...so I will probably be getting a touch!!! :)

pika2000
09-07-2007, 02:13 AM
:D It's so funny reading comments like "What? 16GB? I'm getting the classic." In the end, Apple gets your money. Apple is smart in positioning their model lineup. Plus like many have mentioned, the regular person's music collection is not that big, which explains why the mini/nano are so popular and best sellers.

Levi
09-07-2007, 02:14 AM
Also, people keep talking about GB like it is an exact indicator of how many songs you have - as if everybody stores their music at the same bitrate. Wow, my library is 2GB, and you have 20GB, you must have 10 times as many songs.

A lot of the time, it has to do with the sound quality you want; higher sound quality equals bigger files. If you want to store your music at CD quality, as .wav files, each album takes up about 700MB of disk space, nearly one gig for each CD. Again, for the average listener, 128kpbs mp3 may suffice, and you may think you can't tell the difference, but for audiophiles, really nothing less than 320kpbs mp3 is acceptable.

Granted, on small headphones and with most types of music, it IS hard to notice the lesser sound quality.

I'm just saying, I haven't even finishing backing up all my CD's, and I have already filled my 120GB harddrive, and am now working on filling up my 500GB external harddrive. Doesn't mean I have 1,000 CDs.

True. My library (actually only 63GB if you remove Audiobooks and the music videos I failed to filter before) is 13,600 songs.

WakeCarver
09-07-2007, 03:36 AM
I like the new touch but I really need more than 16GB. I would like to see the iPod classic capacities applied to the touch, it doesn't matter to me if it makes it as thick as the classic. I have over 1TB of content in iTunes and I am away from my main system for days at a time and 16GB just doesn't cut it. Hopefully apple will release a higher capacity touch soon.

Edit: Most of my content is movies and tv shows, I have a nano for my music.

Levi
09-07-2007, 04:19 AM
I like the new touch but I really need more than 16GB. I would like to see the iPod classic capacities applied to the touch, it doesn't matter to me if it makes it as thick as the classic. I have over 1TB of content in iTunes and I am away from my main system for days at a time and 16GB just doesn't cut it. Hopefully apple will release a higher capacity touch soon.

Edit: Most of my content is movies and tv shows, I have a nano for my music.

Exactly like mine; music = 63GB. Music + Video = 250GB, and the only reason it's stopped there is because I'm waiting for another HDD to put it all on. I have another couple hundred GB of video to add.

I don't put video content on my iPod (although with 160GB I will), but it's just so much easier to not have to go look for the DVD, realize your sister's borrowed it and lost/scratched it or find that last time you had friends over and watched it it ended up in the wrong case.... what else did you watch that night??? So convenient... not so high quality, but then it's not like I have a HDTV with Blu-Ray and a DTS sound system to compare it to.

vaughan80
09-07-2007, 09:44 AM
I definitely favour the flash drive idea, it means that the ipod will be quiter, the battery will last longer, less prone to breaking (my ipod's HD has just failed), not te mention the unit will be lighter.
I'm just going to wait until a bigger version of the touch is released before I spend that kind of money.

My music collection is about 100gig, I have enough trouble rotating stuff on my current 60gig ipod, a 16G would be a nightmare.

glosswhite
09-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Lets just say, Steve has gne crazy!

Everything from the colors, the shape, the sizes, the video capabilities on the nano, the size of the hdds on the ipod touch, are allllll places he went wrong at!

Uhhh... no... actually. What on earth do you mean "went wrong". Went "d*mn RIGHT" is more accurate!.

I definitely favour the flash drive idea, it means that the ipod will be quiter, the battery will last longer, less prone to breaking (my ipod's HD has just failed), not te mention the unit will be lighter.
I'm just going to wait until a bigger version of the touch is released before I spend that kind of money.

My music collection is about 100gig, I have enough trouble rotating stuff on my current 60gig ipod, a 16G would be a nightmare.

I agree with you; with HDD-based iPod, this is what has to happen, to play content:

1/ User selects song/video
2/ HDD spins up (it is inactive 99% of the time, except when it has to refill cache memory)
3/ HDD heads seek song/video, and buffers it to cache memory
4/ HDD spins down

This spin up time, is in the region of a second or two; hardly insubstantial. Everyone and his Uncle, knows that the hard disk is the biggest bottleneck in a computer, and the same applies to music players.

Flash memory:

1/ User selects song/video
2/ iPod buffers content to cache memory in a matter of microseconds/milliseconds; a SUBSTANTIAL difference.

One thing that used to annoy me a little, was waiting for the hard disk on my iPod video to spin up and cache.

Dimitri
09-07-2007, 10:41 AM
I do prefer flash, more reliable, quieter, lighter, slimmer.

I have a 60gb video and carry all my music around with me. However, I don't need that, it's just a nice perk, but certainly not a deal breaker to me.

In fact, having my entire library at my fingertips has changed my music listening habits for the worse. I do a lot more hunting & pecking of singles than just enjoying the full albums. New albums I buy, I don't listen to as closely. Yes, this is just me and many prefer to listen this way or resist the temptation, but it makes the ipod touch that much more enticing to me.

As for video space, I never carry around more than a couple gigs at a time because video isn't like music, there's no way I'm watching an episode or movie multiple times a day like I have music albums. There's no need to have all of it on there, unless I was going to be in the middle of a desert for a couple months I guess.

I can certainly see why people want their entire MUSIC library on their iPod, though. So those people have every right to be disappointed and wait for larger capacities. But I like the idea of no moving parts, too. Once flash capacities increase to 32-64gb or so, at a reasonable price, I think the touch will satisfy a lot more users.

knightlie
09-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Ironically, my music collection is 8.5Gb - with a few CDs I've yet to rip it'll be 9-10, so I find myself wanting the Classic which is too big, liking the nano which isn't big enough or needing the Touch, which is too expensive.

I think I'll keep my 4Gb Nano slim until the first revisions happen, when I'd guess the new Nano will get a capacity bump.

MikeYMS
09-07-2007, 01:51 PM
See I love my iPod Video 30GB. However I don't need my entire collection on it...nobody can listen to THAT much music all the time. I have my specific playlists for what I'm doing and can shuffle them on an off the iPod Touch as I need them.

Having an "all in one" device like the Touch, is better for me...so I can stop dragging around my ancient laptop. :D

the8thark
09-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Personally of the line up I like the new classic. I prefer having all of my itunes list at my fingertips whereever I go. Sure it's only like like 10 GB now. But it's surely growing. And for me my ipod soends 95% of it's time in my pocket while It's playing to my ears. And all the fancy looks and touch features of the touch would be wasted on me.

I'd like a ipod in the 30-50 GB range. That'd be perfect for me. That's why I like my last update 30 GB white clasic ipod. It's prefect for me. When and if the smaller of the new classics come down in proce I might get one but for the time being I'm not in the ipod market. I really like what I have now.

And totally off topic but 3 different Dr Who fans have posted all in a row. That's something!

knightlie
09-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Personally of the line up I like the new classic. I prefer having all of my itunes list at my fingertips whereever I go. Sure it's only like like 10 GB now. But it's surely growing. And for me my ipod soends 95% of it's time in my pocket while It's playing to my ears. And all the fancy looks and touch features of the touch would be wasted on me.

Same here. The Touch is a fine piece of kit, but it's not for me any more than the iPhone is. I'm definitely thinking about the 80Gb Classic, it'll handle my current music, my entire photo collection and any videos or TV shows I want, and have plenty of space for future use. And the price isn't much more than the Nano.

glosswhite
09-08-2007, 12:48 PM

I'd like a ipod in the 30-50 GB range. That'd be perfect for me. That's why I like my last update 30 GB white clasic ipod. It's prefect for me. When and if the smaller of the new classics come down in proce I might get one but for the time being I'm not in the ipod market. I really like what I have now.

And totally off topic but 3 different Dr Who fans have posted all in a row. That's something!

I cannot understand, why anyone would like the new, atrocious "look at us folks, we can re-create a 60's classic - arrogant, aren't we?!" BBC dimboid spinoff. The original was entertaining, because the cardboard and polystyrene monsters, were the technology of the age. It just doesn't work any more, and it is the height of trashy "time filler" TV, that couch potatoes neither love NOR hate, but simply tolerate.

Us Brits seem to put up with any old crap that the BBC deem as "drama". Patronising and boring, with about as much taste and appeal, as a cold cup of weak, dishwater tea. Please; take some cues from "Heroes" BBC - they have to import it, because their own re-cycling of stale and talent-less actors, is wearing a tad thin with us.

Give me a break!. Dr Who is old school, and they did it well. The new batch, just looks pathetic. Zero depth, zero interest, and we should say "ZERO tolerance".

knightlie
09-08-2007, 01:04 PM
I cannot understand, why anyone would like the new, atrocious "look at us folks, we can re-create a 60's classic - arrogant, aren't we?!" BBC dimboid spinoff. The original was entertaining, because the cardboard and polystyrene monsters, were the technology of the age. It just doesn't work any more, and it is the height of trashy "time filler" TV, that couch potatoes neither love NOR hate, but simply tolerate.

Us Brits seem to put up with any old crap that the BBC deem as "drama". Patronising and boring, with about as much taste and appeal, as a cold cup of weak, dishwater tea. Please; take some cues from "Heroes" BBC - they have to import it, because their own re-cycling of stale and talent-less actors, is wearing a tad thin with us.

Give me a break!. Dr Who is old school, and they did it well. The new batch, just looks pathetic. Zero depth, zero interest, and we should say "ZERO tolerance".

Err, yeah, okay..... whatever...

the8thark
09-08-2007, 01:12 PM
To Glosswhite: If you hate it that's cool. But millions of others don't. And obviously it's getting the ratings or it would have been axed years ago.

glosswhite
09-08-2007, 01:32 PM
To Glosswhite: If you hate it that's cool. But millions of others don't. And obviously it's getting the ratings or it would have been axed years ago.

Hate is not the word - I just dislike it. Hey, but if you like it I have no issue with that. Oh and fwiw; it WAS axed years ago, and kinda looks imminent again:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2007250185,00.html

Doctor Who to get axe in 2008

By GORDON SMART
Deputy Showbiz Editor
May 31, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

HIT show Doctor Who will be EXTERMINATED next year — after the fourth series.

Boss Russell T. Davies has decided to axe the BBC1 sci-fi drama and concentrate on other projects.

He and senior staff have hatched a plot to hand in a group resignation in summer 2008.

A source said: “The heavy workload — nine months of 16-hour days every year — has started to take its toll.

“It was decided the best thing for the show was go out at the top next year.”

Davies was behind the relaunch of Doctor Who in 2005 — 16 years after it was originally axed.

The series, starring David Tennant as the Time Lord, is watched by eight million every Saturday.

...Sixteen years after it was originally axed. I just thought I would correct your mistake.

Anyhow; I apologise for taking this thread LIGHT years off topic - iPods anyone? :)

I am getting the 8Gb Nano - can't wait!! :D

the8thark
09-08-2007, 01:41 PM
That I didn't know. And it's a real shame. But yeah your right nothing lasts for ever. And yes you are right it was axed. But it lasted for longer than most shows.

Thanks for the info. But according to http://www.shannonsullivan.com/drwho/10doc.html

On September 3rd, 2007, it was announced that Doctor Who had been renewed for a fifth season, but that this would not be broadcast until 2010. To bridge the gap, three specials will air during 2009; both David Tennant and Russell T Davies will be remaining with Doctor Who at least for these specials.

So it's just a hiatus.

glosswhite
09-08-2007, 01:46 PM
That I didn't know. And it's a real shame. But yeah your right nothing lasts for ever. And yes you are right it was axed. But it lasted for longer than most shows.

Thanks for the info. But according to http://www.shannonsullivan.com/drwho/10doc.html

So it's just a hiatus.

Lol "bridge the gap". Is lack of Dr Who, a kind of starvation??. It seems like a bit of a token effort, and by the time it is released, who knows whether all interest will have subsided... anyhow, back to iPod:

Has anyone here, got/used one of the new Nanos (3G). Would love some user feedback re: screen video etc.

knightlie
09-08-2007, 02:23 PM
In reality, it's not being axed, they are producing four feature-length episodes in '09, just thought I'd correct your mistake. And quoting the Sun newspaper as fact just eliminated any credibility you had with me.

Back on topic, I just watched the keynote and that Nano looks awsome, I just wish it had a bit more storage.

glosswhite
09-08-2007, 06:08 PM
...and quoting the Sun newspaper as fact just eliminated any credibility you had with me.

I agree with you, looking at my quote of "The Sun" - complete gutter trash, and no mistake. I wasn't particularly seeking credibility from you, but yes I see your point, and it is 110% valid.

Anyone got hold of one of the new 3G Nanos yet?. Would love some feedback!!. :P

smeshy123
09-08-2007, 08:20 PM
I agree with you, looking at my quote of "The Sun" - complete gutter trash, and no mistake. I wasn't particularly seeking credibility from you, but yes I see your point, and it is 110% valid.

Anyone got hold of one of the new 3G Nanos yet?. Would love some feedback!!. :P

I went to the apple store a couple hrs ago to check them out. The new nanos look better in real life then I would have thought. They are still VERY small and are more comfortable in the hand in my opinion. When I first heard about them I was skeptical, but for the price they are an awsome deal, I would consider getting one if I didn't have the last gen nano.

The new ipod classics look smaller then I remember the older ones looking, and the 160gb is still incredibly thin for such a large hd. They were so nice that I might get one.

The touch isn't out yet, but I wasked the apple store guy about it and he said that people are not going to be able to develop applications for it like for the iphone? This makes absolutely no sense to me. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

knightlie
09-09-2007, 06:06 AM
I wasn't particularly seeking credibility from you..

Good. However, in order to be taken seriously, you have to display two things, among others - a certain level of credibility, and tolerance for other people. You display neither, and judging by the little red dot under your profile (you might want to go and look that up), many other people are of the same opinion. Just to clarify, I don't take you seriously.

I think I'll be taking your own excellent advice and using the Ignore feature on you, because I visit this board to help others and to learn, not to listen to you ridiculing the opinions and choices of others. I don't know - or care - if you're the same annoying child in real life that you behave like here, but your attitude is irritating.

People like you, Glosswhite, are the biggest problem with the Internet - they'll let anyone on.

Bye!

AndrewAZ
09-09-2007, 04:56 PM
I went to the apple store a couple hrs ago to check them out. The new nanos look better in real life then I would have thought. They are still VERY small and are more comfortable in the hand in my opinion. When I first heard about them I was skeptical, but for the price they are an awsome deal, I would consider getting one if I didn't have the last gen nano.

The new ipod classics look smaller then I remember the older ones looking, and the 160gb is still incredibly thin for such a large hd. They were so nice that I might get one.

The touch isn't out yet, but I wasked the apple store guy about it and he said that people are not going to be able to develop applications for it like for the iphone? This makes absolutely no sense to me. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

You will have applications dont worry. Within a week (more like 3 days) people will have applications and DIY how to put junk on the new ipod touch.. My guess is the current iphone application loaders will work with the now ipod touch.