PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to iTunes Store

switcher.mac
09-05-2007, 11:21 AM
OK, yes I live under a rock. :) I've been using the iTunes Store for lots of music buys, but often times they don't have what I want.

What good alternatives are there to the iTunes Store for Mac and iPod users? I don't want a subscription service.

TIA

ste6168
09-05-2007, 12:05 PM
OK, yes I live under a rock. :) I've been using the iTunes Store for lots of music buys, but often times they don't have what I want.

What good alternatives are there to the iTunes Store for Mac and iPod users? I don't want a subscription service.

TIA

this may come off as a rude answer, but honestly amazon.com... buy the CD (usually have one used for less than 10 bucks, like iTMS) and rip it onto your HDD. I am sure someone knows of another site to DL from though...

Brandon
09-05-2007, 03:22 PM
beatport.com ; trackitdown.net ; audiojelly.com ;
But, all of those mostly have EDM only, so if you are into pop music, they won't help you much.

Village Idiot
09-05-2007, 03:58 PM
half.com

SLC Flyfishing
09-05-2007, 04:06 PM
emusic.com has lots of indie stuff and they're priced similarly to iTunes. They have 25 free songs for you when you register. It's not a subscription service like napster to go if that's what you meant by that.

SLC

opus_az
09-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks all!