• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Vista - The Commercial

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
LOL thats great! Very true though.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Funny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
That's great! I haven't seen that one before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
windows or vista is not that bad. If it was it would not have sold as many copys as it has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
A minor counterpoint tobywuk. I just read in Investors Business Daily this AM that Linux on the desktop is gaining traction with Dell and Lenova precisely because Vista *is* that bad... as is the amount of money that Micro$oft is asking for it and for Office. With folks asking "why should I pay so much for something that is so resource hungry?" Linux is gaining a little bit of market share. The article also mentioned that Apple is benefiting from this trend.

Vista will smooth out over time, but right now, it looks like a bit of a "cluster" from this writer's perspective.

Reaction score
I particularly loved the bit with Aero and switching between red, blue, black screens lol!

But that is bit too harsh...it is getting there. Give it a SP or 2 :p

Edit: how do you make OS that works so well for such diversity of set ups though? Not an easy job imo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This video is absolutely CLASSIC! I love it! The CE-ME-NT segment is a genuine ROFL moment!!

Does anyone know how I can save a copy of this video? This is too good to just let pass into the ether of the web over time... or is saving it illegal? I am not sure?

I have heard about VideoDownloader, but I have never been able to get it to do anything useful. BTW, given the ongoing issues with the new Safari, I am presently using Firefox, if that helps figure out how to save a copy of this.

Reaction score
This video is absolutely CLASSIC! I love it! The CE-ME-NT segment is a genuine ROFL moment!!

Does anyone know how I can save a copy of this video? This is too good to just let pass into the ether of the web over time... or is saving it illegal? I am not sure?

I have heard about VideoDownloader, but I have never been able to get it to do anything useful. BTW, given the ongoing issues with the new Safari, I am presently using Firefox, if that helps figure out how to save a copy of this.

I am using something called Orbit Downloader...it has a feature called Grab It and it can grab almost any streaming vid and adio...I don't have the link though if you Google Orbit Downloader it should be there...note that I am using Windows PC thus not sure how it goes with Mac :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
That was excellent!
icon14.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Excellent video!
"CE-ME-NT"
"call us with a problem, get a 3 hour version of 'Born Free'"
"you'll have to go to the mayo clinic to get the sales department off your ***"
"It's crashing, and it can't boot up!"

Tobywuk: calm down, it's just a joke. I'm sure people were steamed at Apple and ripped on the first version of OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD

quicktime pro will let you save it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks babarnette, I had forgotten that. It is definitely time to spring the cash and buy Quicktime Pro. This isn't the first time the answer to a question has been "Quicktime Pro". Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks babarnette, I had forgotten that. It is definitely time to spring the cash and buy Quicktime Pro. This isn't the first time the answer to a question has been "Quicktime Pro". Thanks again.

Your welcome. I use Quicktime Pro for a lot of things. It's really handy if you have a bunch of short video clips that you want to string together. Just open the first one and drag and drop the rest into the video window. Also good for converting one file format into another.:Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
That was awesome, I didn't know there were six versions of vista, wow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz, 2 GB(667 MHz), 24 in., 320 GB, ...
a refreshing beverage

funnn neeee!

where i work, people refer to vista like its "required kool-aid", ohhh nooooo!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
that is great!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.