A few books I found useful!

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share.
I have alot and I mean ALOT of books on webdesign/systems administration and sometimes it can be had to choose. Here are a few that I found extremely useful!

HTML for the World Wide Web (Visual QuickStart Guide)
The basics of course, I use it as a reference, pretty handy. Things have changed but I would guess the latest edition is up to scratch.

CSS Mastery (www.friendsofed.com - they have some great books there!)

This one is great! Easy to follow and learn fast from it. It also works you through two case studies and explains them very well. Good reference too as there are alot of IE hacks included that you will find yourself needing.

Programming Ruby - Pragmatic Programmers (Known in the Ruby community as "the Pick-Axe. Very easy to follow.)

Still working through this one when I have the time. So far so good. One of the best programming books I have read so far.

Wrox - Beginning Ruby on Rails, From novice to professional.

I use this mainly for reference, its good because it builds from the ground up assuming you have no knowledge of RoR.

RailsSpace - Building social networking sites with Ruby on Rails.

This one is pretty much a big tutorial on building a social networking website. It gives you a pretty good understanding so that you can go on and apply what you have learned to your own projects.

Anyway, I don't know anything about PHP whatsoever so if anyone could recommend a book to help (preferably one that you have read) it would be appreciated!

I've been kind of just picking up mySQL as I go along, its pretty simple, but I think it would be a good idea to get some sort of reference.

;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.