Problems with Final Scratch and Traktor DJ

Reaction score
Hiya

Right heres my problem...

I bought an Ibook off of ebay, it came with 320mb sdram, 500mhz PowerPC G3, and mac os x 10.1

I then bought os x 10.3.9 off of ebay and upgraded the ibook to that...

The computer itself seems to work perfectly, however i then installed Traktor Final Scratch V 1.1.3, the software starts and plays fine until you use the interface that connects it to record decks...

What happens with FS is you have 2 timecoded records and an interface that connects the decks, laptop and mixer together, it allows you to play mp3s as if they were vinyl.

The thing that im having a problem with is that as soon as i press play on the deck, the laptop plays the song, like it should but the sound im getting is awful, its like crackling and bubbling and breaking up, as if the stream isnt fast enough? also there is about a second delay from when you do something on the deck to it appearing on the laptop.

I dont know if anyone can help but i would appreciate any ideas! Is it just that the laptop isnt quick enough to do this? because thats what it seems like, its like the laptop cant run fast enough so is sending out a bad signal. WOuld upgrading the ram cure this? or is it a faster mac for me?? lol

thanks!!!

Ryan :Oops:

Reaction score
Heh, ive been down this road. I use a Torq Exponent and had similar issues. What seems to work for alot of guys n gals moving into the digital DJ world is to "optimize" your mac as a DJ Platform. Try this for starters: http://www.torq-dj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1659

Also, look for some hardware/software specific forums for your plafform of choice.

Hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.