Office Switch

Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope this this topic hasn't been done to death, because I'm looking for a little help.

I work for a newspaper as a graphic designer/IT manager (it's a small paper), our publisher/owner is looking to switch out the design departments windows boxes with Macs. I'm very pleased about this but I have something of a dilemma on my hands.

It's understood that our publisher is budget-conscious. There is a debate amongst our department, though, as to whether we should upgrade to Mac Pros or the new iMacs. I was wondering your guys' takes on these two machines for a production environment, and which one would be better suited for the various parts of newspaper design (ad design, layouts, etc.) Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
I imagine an iMac with 2 GB of Ram would do just fine. I could see the Mac Pro if you were going to be doing heavy video editing with multiple layers and soundtracks, but for graphic design I bet an iMac would work wonderfully. Just my opinion though.

Brian

Reaction score
i wouldn't go with the macbook pro if he wants to be budget friendly go with macbooks lowest model for everyone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.