Bootcamp/Leopard changes?

Reaction score
So if I were to install Windows now using the BETA version of Bootcamp, will things be affected once I upgrade to Leopard? Will Leopard recognize the previous installation and just update to the updated version of Bootcamp? Just wondering as I'm planning to buy a macbook over the next few days and don't know if I should wait a couple months to install XP when Leopard is released, or do it right away with Tiger and BETA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It should be safe to assume that going from the beta to final would be a similar process. As you described it, you would probably just update the Assistant and burn a new driver disc

OP
A
Reaction score
So no one can really forsee any major issues with installing XP when my macbook arrives (likely before the weekend) and then loading Leopard onto it in October with the final version of Bootcamp?

That's great! Of course, I'm going to try and hold out and wait for Leopard to put XP on if I can, but if I suddenly need to run a Windows application I'll have to do it before then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.