• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Discography Collections

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
So I've just finished completing another of my favorite artists discography's. I just got the final CD I needed to complete the entire Joe Satriani discography today, and I got the final disc of The Rippingtons Discography yesterday. Now, I have a lot of Music as many of you know, but these are two artists that I have gone out of my way to purchase all of their music in CD format as a collection. I've had all of Jimmy Buffett's stuff for some time now, but these two are my most recent additions.

So, whose complete discography's do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
No ones. :-(
I tried a few years back, many years back, to get all the Smashing Pumpkins albums in all forms but it's just way too difficult and expensive. Seeing one album wasn't released to the public, it's kinda difficult to get my hands on 1 of the 11 copies made. I've got close to 40 CD's, 3 cassettes, and 3 records.

Sorry but I do have to say eww to Buffett.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I have the Pink Floyd Discography... might be missing some of the bootleg stuff, but I believe it to be pretty complete.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I have the Pink Floyd Discography... might be missing some of the bootleg stuff, but I believe it to be pretty complete.

Nice
(i needed to add an extra character to post. 4 characters just doesnt cut it!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I have all of GWAR, I need the Live from mt fuji disk, I have the mp3's that I bought, but I don't have the physical disk of it. I also have some vinyl's (what's a vinyl) of theirs too. I even have the Xcops (before they were gwar) <3 Love them!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm not sure, but I think I have every U2 album, but only in digital, no CD or cassette.

OP
baggss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

I don't really consider bootleg stuff part of the discography. Since it was never "officially" released by the band, it's sort of a grey area.

I'm not sure, but I think I have every U2 album, but only in digital, no CD or cassette.

That's cool. I've had all of The Rippingtons and Satriani's stuff digitally for some time, I just decided I wanted to own the actual discs as a complete set. I think my next target may be Asia.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
ive got all the foo fighters lol...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I have every single Bad Religion album and every single Planet Smashers album

@ GhostShadow, I have the Live @ Fuji disk ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I went through my library...I actually have quite a few Discography's (Pink Floyd being my favorite)... but most of them are not huge... My top 3 Discography's are:

Pink Floyd
Nirvana
Big Head Todd & The Monsters

Reaction score
I have a lot of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Queen, but no complete ones! I guess when I get a job I'll have more money to spend on music!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i've got no complete discographies by anyone with more than a handfull of albums, though i'm close on a number: queen, low, stereolab, belle & sebastian, yo la tengo, lycia, lush, radiohead, ben folds, nine inch nails, sunny day real estate.

there are a lot of artists that i've got all the studio albums for that only had a few albums though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
The Counting Crows (Studio Albums)
Spoon
One more for TV on the Radio
Gnarls Barkley (they only have one lol)
Linkin Park
Working on Queens of the Stone Age

I also get a lot of "best of" albums if i dont feel like getting every single album.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I have every single Bad Religion album

I also have those too! :-D Actually, allot of the bands I listen to, I try to get the disco if i really like them allot. But gwar, I make an exception :-D Gotta have it all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I almost forgot, I have all of AC/DC's albums. A friend gave them to me, but I only listen to a handful of their songs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
Modest Mouse, Bob Dylan, Fiest, Phish, Bob Marley, Janes Addiction, Bill Monroe, Grateful Dead(+5G of bootlegged shows) John Prine, Ani DiFranco, Interpol, Regina Spektor, Arcade Fire, Wolfe Parade, Cake, Beck...its really becoming a sickness. My iTunes folder is well over 80 gigs and thats just music. I keep 30G of audiobooks on an external.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Most the bands I really like haven't been around enough to warrant calling them collections. There's a few, but with me not really being a fan of music from the 70's and 80's too much (I know, shame on me), that kind of limits my selection of bands that ahve been out for a while. I really do like punk, so there are some punk bands that have been around that long.

Coheed and Cambria - They've only been around as Co&Ca for a few years and are just putting out album 4 this October

Green Day - Got all of these. They've been around a while

Tool - Love everything up to Aenima. Have all their albums, but don't like the newer ones as much.

Rage Against the Machine - Got 'em all, don't enjoy the newer ones as much as the old.

Sublime - Their old recording quality is crappy, but I have them.

Kanye West - All 3 of his CD's make up

Other than that, there's not a lot of bands that I would want to own every single album they've ever dropped. I like Bad Religion and the Descendants, but some of their recordings aren't my favorites. I really loved Incubus back in the early days and even tolerated them up to morning view, but I don't think I'd ever purchase any of their CD's.

I'm too picky.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.