Changing Details on a second hand iMAC

Reaction score
Hello,

I have purchased a second hand iMAC, and absolutely love it! Best decision to swap ever! Although the name of the MAC and passwords etc are still attached to the MAC, is there a way I can change all these details without losing all the software that is currently loaded on it?

I am fairly new to all this so be gentle!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
The little apple logo on the menu bar > System preferences > User Accounts > change the password.

If you can't change your user account, you will need to create another admin account, log into that, and then change your username. Then log out and delete the newly created account.

OP
TornSi
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the help, can you inform me as to how I create a new admin account?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Well when you reach the User accounts preference pane, just click the + button at the bottom right. If any of the options are greyed out, you need to unlock system preferences. Check to see if the Gold lock at the bottom left is locked, cause if it is, click on it and enter your username/password.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Just fyi~
Do NOT change the name of your "Home" folder....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
reinstall osx ahahahah

its not easy

Actually... it is EXTREMELY easy....

Go to System Prefs>>> Accounts>>> Where is says "Name"... Change it.

Also... go in to System Prefs >>> Sharing >>> Where it says "Computer Name" Change the name to Match...

Easy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.