• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Friendly Mac, Friendly People, Friendly Forum

Reaction score
Hi

I would just like to say that these forums are great.

There is no hostility, I am a switcher and all the help that comes out of the switcher forum is great.

Even when I (and others) ask the daftest questions people leap on board and help out, no flaming or anything. I have not been a member for long but this is my impression so far.

Mac people are just friendlier

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Glad we could be of help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
that is why i continue to be a member of this forum. thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Hi

I would just like to say that these forums are great.

There is no hostility, I am a switcher and all the help that comes out of the switcher forum is great.

Even when I (and others) ask the daftest questions people leap on board and help out, no flaming or anything. I have not been a member for long but this is my impression so far.

Mac people are just friendlier

See... after 34 posts, you've found out just how great this forum can be. You'll find lots of posts from time to time (as in the past) from people just like you who can't hardly believe a forum exists that is so helpful, great attitudes and expertise too.

All I can say is "enjoy," it doesn't get much better than this forum's personality.

It's nice to have you here with your kind attitude too and If I haven't said it yet, Welcome! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Seconded, I will probably never leave.

OP
J
Reaction score
All nice comments :) Thank you

I use other forums for web dev and Java, I only ever go to them to ask a question because I do not know enough to answer many questions.

But here I can see myself helping out and passing comment on things because it feels like it would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Much of the friendliness this forum exhibits is due to the relatively strict codes of conduct. If you compare us to many other forums, you'll notice that we have much less flaming, foul language, and all the other things that make forums unpleasant. Most of that is due to the fact that members that do that stuff are dealt with promptly, so the forum never really gets out of control.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I agree, this forum has a very friendly and positive "vibe".
And there's always people online, whenever I ask a question, someone will answer it within minutes. I'll definitely stick around these forums :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Your welcome. lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.