Mac Mini with very poor wireless signal

Reaction score
My mac mini has a very poor wireless signal. It picks up other networks but for ours it has to be less than 30cm away! How can I sort this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz blackbook ,g4 cube, powerbook g4, 8gb iphone
dude i had the same problem with my mini...not much you can do...just try to get as close to your router as you can get.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
try changing the channel on your router. you maybe on the default channel and so is everyone else. use iStumbler to find out what channel everyone else is on and the change yours to one that no one is using or that the signal strength of another signal is very low.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
My Intel Mini's Airport works great but it's not quite as good at picking up more distant WiFi signals as my iBook and iMac. It does work fine with any of the routers or access points in my house, but I just notice the signal level is not as high as my other Macs. Acts more like a PC Notebook with a PCMCIA Card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.