WiFi in the Park

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
This interesting video shows how laptops are being used in offbeat ways in a NY park with WiFi access. The most interesting thing is that they are almost all Macs. Switchers take note. Since Mac laptops only have a small % of the market, a disproportionate number of people are using Macs here. Maybe the creative things people are doing lend themselves to Macs. Great stuff!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid203719194/bclid86272812/bctid1140731372

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Well, it is:

a) New York, where the effete messenger bag toting Apple stereotype user lives large ;)

b) true that Macbooks (and presumably Macbook Pros, of which there were many) are quite adept at pulling in wireless signals. I know mine can pull in signals that a lot of Dells (including my employer supplied work laptop) won't.

I'm sure a Dell owner or two came to the park, couldn't get a signal, and said the heck with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Apple actually has a much larger share of the notebook market than they do desktop. I don't know the figures, but it wouldn't surprise me if Apple sold more notebooks than any other company. Of-course, when you combine the sales of all the "PC" companies then the overall share is still fairly low.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.