school mac

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm brand-new here, but i have a question. See, one of my family members went and bought me a mac iBook from another school, because after 2-years, they sell those ones for new ones, but anyhow, I want to completely get rid of everything on my hard-drive. But theres a teensie problem. The school has a special thing put on the hard-drive where nothing can be downloaded. also, they did not give me the disk so I could restart it, and they also set a password on the computer so I cant make changes to anything! Please write back if you think you know of anyway to restart my hard-drive. bye!:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I am guessing by restart your hard drive you mean to re-install OS X. I am not sure what would be the easy way to do so without obtaining the discs and the passwords you mentioned above.

But I'd thing a good start would be to contact the School's IT Department (the one that the Mac was purchase from) and they will probably be able to help ya.

Good Luck and welcome to the Forums.

MMM

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
okay...

Yeah, it'll be great to see MacHater123 around for years to come, contributing to this forum in valuable ways.
Welcome!:Grimmace:

Reaction score
your only chance is to reformat but i dunno how with no disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb Memory, 80gb HDD, Leopard / Pink iPod Nano
MacHater is a harsh name dont you think? considering you are on a mac forum...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
sounds like you'll definitely need to buy a new copy of OSX. wether or not you'll be able to put it on that disk is another story. Mina has a great idea though about contacting the school.

OP
M
Reaction score
im only on here cuz i need to now how to delete my whole hard-drive. My parents have a microsoft, and we all have to share the internet through the same airport. Now, that wouldnt be a problem, except for the fact that everybody in the neighbor hood uses our internet service. We tryed to lock the linksys, but by doing that, we wouldnt have internet for my computer :( so my father is going to buy a new operating system for the computer, but first i need to delete the hard-drive, so it can work witht that other operating system. I've tried everything. The school also locked up the applications folder, so i cant store a deleting software into the computer. but thanks anyhow people. i will deffinatley try your suggestion mina. thanks everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Oh, I see. Your just here to use us like were some nerdish w*ore. Then maybe you'll leave a few rep points on the night stand on the way out. Well, your just lucky most of us like it like that!

You need the original os disks. You cam buy them by calling apple tech support. They cost about $40. Your computer is pretty much junk with out them. Those discs contain invaluable tools to help maintain your computer if you run into problems.

Reaction score
sharing internet its the best thing you can do to humanity and the community.

Reaction score
There is absolutely no reason to not have internet with your computer just because you change the linksys to include some encryption or or hidden SSID or other ways to lock down your router.

If the school sold the computer, then they need to provide the password to unlock it and to remove the program. They should also provide a copy o the OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
There is absolutely no reason to not have internet with your computer just because you change the linksys to include some encryption or or hidden SSID or other ways to lock down your router.

If the school sold the computer, then they need to provide the password to unlock it and to remove the program. They should also provide a copy o the OS.

They should really have wiped the hard drive and started again... I wonder what info is still on there? I'd never give a computer away without completely wiping the hard drive first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.