Network Storage/Backup

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have 5 macs at home (3 MB's/2 Imacs) that I need to start backing up. However, I would rather not go out and buy an external HD that I have to connect and manually backup every time I want to back up one of the computers. Rather, I need a networked HD that I can have hooked up to my network and set each computer to automatically backup to that drive.

The drive I am looking at is this: http://www.buffalotech.com/products/network-storage/linkstation/linkstation-pro/

So using a software program like superduper or carbon clone, is this a feasible setup? I plan on using the HD's ethernet interface to hook the drive directly to my router that connect all of our computers. Let me know if you guys think this would work!

Thanks in advance,
-Kevin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've personally never used SuperDuper, but from what I've seen at their website, I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as the drive is seen by OS X.

Oh, and for future reference, don't make two threads asking the same question in two separate sections. Not only is it against forum rules, it's just plain annoying.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the info; this was my first post; always good to know the "forum etiquette". How can I delete the other post>?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.