O happiER day

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
Some of you may have seen my previous post, "O Happy Day." Well now, the Happy Day truly has come. I got my MacBook Pro last night, and finally set up the internet today. I can honestly say that I will probably never like a computer more than this one. Not to mention I got iLife '08 after all, even though I ordered my computer before the Aug 7th Keynote. So, I know that these answers are in other threads, but I was hoping some of you could help me with some quick questions?
  1. How do you open a new tab in Safari?
  2. When I click a url in firefox, the whole url is highlighted, so I can just type a new one right from there. With Safari, however, I have to manually delete the whole url before I can type a new one. Is there a setting to highlight the whole url when I click it?
  3. On PCs, there is a delete button, and a backspace button. The backspace button deletes text normally, from the end of the text, and the delete button deletes text from left to right. On my MBP, the button that says delete acts as a backspace button. Is there a way to delete text from left to right on here?
Thanks for all of your help on here the past weeks guys, it is you all who influenced me to buy a Mac, and I am truly glad I did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Some of you may have seen my previous post, "O Happy Day." Well now, the Happy Day truly has come. I got my MacBook Pro last night, and finally set up the internet today. I can honestly say that I will probably never like a computer more than this one. Not to mention I got iLife '08 after all, even though I ordered my computer before the Aug 7th Keynote. So, I know that these answers are in other threads, but I was hoping some of you could help me with some quick questions?
  1. How do you open a new tab in Safari?
  2. When I click a url in firefox, the whole url is highlighted, so I can just type a new one right from there. With Safari, however, I have to manually delete the whole url before I can type a new one. Is there a setting to highlight the whole url when I click it?
  3. On PCs, there is a delete button, and a backspace button. The backspace button deletes text normally, from the end of the text, and the delete button deletes text from left to right. On my MBP, the button that says delete acts as a backspace button. Is there a way to delete text from left to right on here?
Thanks for all of your help on here the past weeks guys, it is you all who influenced me to buy a Mac, and I am truly glad I did.

1. You have to go into Preferences and enable Tabbed Browsing. Then you can press ⌘+T to open a new tab.
  2. Try clicking the URL a couple of times instead of just once.
  3. I don't have a laptop, but you probably have to use the Function (Fn) key.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz 2GB 120GB hard drive NVIDIA graphics with 128MB SDRAM
yes, fn+delete erases text like the delete button on a PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
For 2. try clicking not on the address but the icon to the right of it (but still in the address bar).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.