Having to restart imac every time i open Logic!

Reaction score
Whenever i try to open Logic Pro, my g5 imac appears to load it, then at the last minute the screen slowly turns grey and tells me that i need to restart. This happens time and time again, any ideas??

Cheers,
Ian

OP
I
Reaction score
More info

It appears to crash when logic is 'Initializing loop browsers', the screen turns grey starting from the top and a box appears in the middle telling me to restart by holding the on button for several seconds or pressing the restart button (does it have one??), it repeats the message in 3 other languages below.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AMD 533 MHz, 312 mb RAM, 80 HDD. :(
Maybe contact an Apple store?

Check out if you still have Apple care or something like that ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
That's a kernel panic. Having it once or twice is nothing to worry about but if you have it as often as you indicate it means a hardware error. Call Apple.

OP
I
Reaction score
That's a kernel panic. Having it once or twice is nothing to worry about but if you have it as often as you indicate it means a hardware error. Call Apple.

Could it be a fault with the Logic USB key that has to be plugged in in order to use the program perhaps?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.