• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Has your eyesight been harmed by heavy computer use?

Reaction score
I believe mine has. Last year, I had 20/20. I have 20/40 now. Curious to know if others have had any experience with this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Yes my eyesight has gotten bad. I now have to wear contacts/glasses when going out and stuff like that. I believe a big part has to do with my frequent computer use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
Yeah, I developed Astigmatism :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.16ghz-2GB-160GB-SuperDrive| Video Ipod: 60gb Black| Nano: 4gb Red
Yeah, I developed Astigmatism :(

Same here, but developed after using a CRT for many years, but for the past 2 years I've had LCD, and my vision has not gotten any worse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
Thats the same with me, I now switched to LCD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
My left eye fell out during a long session of Halo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Nah, mine was crap to begin with. Since I was four or so.

Reaction score
I'm far-sighted, and a zillion years in front of computer screens did nothing to cancel it out.

When I win the lottery, I'll get a new iMac with prescription glass.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
my eye sight was not great in the beggining - but yeah - it has got worse and I'd blame that on computer use - currently have 3 LCDs on my screen - maybe the light is also to blame but when I go out at end of the day my eyes actually hurt as they adjust to the light and seems to take a while to focus and what have you. I have 3 LCDs now - but last year I did a lot of statistics work and that meant many hours looking at Excel (mainly) on dogy old CRTs :(

Reaction score
I use to have excellent eye-sight, now i'm noticing blurred vision more often. I think it's due to being addicted to Starcraft/Warcraft/Diablo II and Counterstrike back in the day when CRT monitors were a standard.

I've cut back a lot on gaming and I THINK my vision is slightly recovering.

...No problems with this sexy new Mac though, monitor is like crystal.
+ I can't play games on it, lol. Well atleast, not intensive games.

Reaction score
Mine gets worse every few years or so. I just hope this trend doesn't continue until I'm blind. :p

Reaction score
Nope, I guess I am just lucky or maybe I just started so young that I built up some immunity type thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.