• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Well, he did it

T

todd51

Bonds passed Aaron in the homerun record right now, just got done watching it.

EDIT: They will have to put an asterisk by his name in the record books, I really hope they do anyways. I still don't believe he truly earned it.

EDIT #2: Looking from the replay, I wonder how many people were injured in the stands going for that ball.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I would love to see some other player (most likely Alex Rodriguez) take the record from Bonds a few years down the road. I'd have my own celebration.

OP
T

todd51

I would love to see some other player (most likely Alex Rodriguez) take the record from Bonds a few years down the road. I'd have my own celebration.

As will I, I will laugh. I understand it's a big thing and he wants to celebrate with his family, but seriously..he can't even finish out playing this game!!??

I don't like all the special treatment he gets.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I dont understand it. He cheated. His laywer is in jail until he admits that Bonds cheated. I dont get the big deal. He gets special treatment because of that Bonds On Bonds show awhile back on ESPN, who now worship him, and never say a bad word about him. He'll end up like McGwire, off somewhere in the country, alone and forgotten. But atleast McGwire had the respect for the game to walk away. Bonds has absolutly no problem dragging America's pasttime through the mud. He is absolutely, positively, everything that is wrong with baseball today.

OP
T

todd51

I dont understand it. He cheated. His laywer is in jail until he admits that Bonds cheated. I dont get the big deal. He gets special treatment because of that Bonds On Bonds show awhile back on ESPN, who now worship him, and never say a bad word about him. He'll end up like McGwire, off somewhere in the country, alone and forgotten. But atleast McGwire had the respect for the game to walk away. Bonds has absolutly no problem dragging America's pasttime through the mud. He is absolutely, positively, everything that is wrong with baseball today.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm waiting for him to retire and become a speaker to young athletes telling them not to "juice". I have a feeling he'll try to gain everyone's respect and let everyone feel sympathetic for him that he made a "bad" decision.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV

Right on , brother!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Woo! =)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I mean Is he the ONLY one that has ever used steriods? No. But he's the only one to come this close to the most important record in sports history, which is now tainted. This is all the baseball world will remember about this year, and hopefully, one day, they'll wipe his stats clean and give the record back to the only player who has ever earned it, #61. This is a shame, because Barry was once a great player, but that time has ended. This is perhaps the darkest day in baseball, period.

And A-Rod will have that record. Hes like 30 and had 500 home runs. Its just math, assuming he doesn't get injured or have a huge dropoff in production.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Who wants to join me on a trip to steal the ball?

I wouldn't give it to him. Not if I needed a limb.

OP
T

todd51

How awesome would it have been to see that ball fly out from the middle of that pack, back out onto AT&T's field?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
the funny thing is that espn said the guy that caught the ball was actually in san fran for 2 days waiting for a plane to go back home in Australia. he just decided to go to a baseball game, and of course this happens to this poor guy that just wanted to get home. at least hes thousands of dollars richer now if he decides to sell the ball. lol. australians rule!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
How awesome would it have been to see that ball fly out from the middle of that pack, back out onto AT&T's field?

I would have had to change my pants.

That's how awesome.

OP
T

todd51

I'm really surprised I haven't heard of anyone getting literally beaten up in those stands. You throw out a bag of money on a crowded street, you'll see violence break out.

OP
T

todd51

If I would have been in the outfield in SF tonight, would have definitely needed to bring a sharpie with me and write "NOT LEGIT" on the ball if it had so happen to come into my glove. But, then been killed since everyone in SF loves Bonds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
If I would have been in the outfield in SF tonight, would have definitely needed to bring a sharpie with me and write "NOT LEGIT" on the ball if it had so happen to come into my glove. But, then been killed since everyone in SF loves Bonds.

I would probably sell it, but only after writing cheater on it with permanant marker.

OP
T

todd51

I would probably sell it, but only after writing cheater on it with permanant marker.

Haha yea, I was just kidding about throwing it onto the field. I would honestly not even consider selling it and see how high Bonds would go to pay for it to get it back. :Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450Mhz 1Gb Ram, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25Gb RAM
to be honest,
being english i no nothing about baseball..
But from the sounds of what ur saying this guy used steriods and is sum how still in the game!?!?!?!

to be honest sum1 with REAL talent will come along in a few yrs and walk all over his record without cheating and THAT is a real sports hero.. and this guy will be swept under the rug and forgotten about.. once the hype has gone people will only remember the one's who really count..

I hope the steriods have screwed up his body to leave a scar to show him for the rest of his life that he is a cheat..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Sad thing is it takes 3 times to get kicked out of baseball for steroids.

1st is like 5 months.

Next is 5 years.

After that you're done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I dont have any huge beef with Bonds. Not that I dont think he cheated, but there was a time back inthe 90's where the majorit of the major leagues were using. Someone had to be the best of them.

Anyway, none of this would matter if Ken Griffey Jr. wasn't injured all the time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.