Album art collage?

Reaction score
Anyone know how to make a collage of selected album artwork from iTunes like the kind used in the iTunes screensaver? I wanna make like a 5x5 picture of my top 10 favorite albums or something without having to do it the hardway with copy/paste and photoshop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iMac G3, 3 iPods, iPhone 3G
There might be some kind of collage program but that still would require you to fetch the images from where there located in your iTunes.

The quickest way I can think is taking a screen shot and resizeing it to 5x5. Set your screensaver to the iTunes artwork saver and then when taking the screen shot press shift+apple+3 all at the same time fast and it will put the screen shot on your desktop then resize it in photoshop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
The quickest way I can think is taking a screen shot and resizeing it to 5x5. Set your screensaver to the iTunes artwork saver and then when taking the screen shot press shift+apple+3 all at the same time fast and it will put the screen shot on your desktop then resize it in photoshop.

huh? the only way I can think of would be to sort your music by "play count" and find the top 10 on amazon, from there join them together with photoshop or equivelant and set as screensaver... your task is kind of hard, but there may be an applescript to do what you want... hopefully someone knows for sure

Reaction score
I've seen it done but I can't remember where. From memory there is a program that will show your album artwork on the desktop as a wallpaper. I've also seen it done the long way with PS. I'll take a look around and see if I come across it.

OP
eon.
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions. with the screensaver/screenshot idea, is there a way to limit what album art is shown during the screensaver? because if I can just make a playlist or something that contains songs from my 15 favorite albums then turn on the screensaver, I can just grab a quick screenshot as soon as it pops up. but the only way to do that now (because ALL my albums show) is to hope i get lucky enough that all 15 albums will come up at the same time on their own

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
There's a mosaic program called MacOSasic or something like that. Search mosaic in macupdate and you should find it. I know that program allows you to add your own photos and you can select how many blocks your want your grid to be. Granted this is for mosaic's, I'm not sure how well the app will lend itself to collages.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.