Half of my photoshop CS2 filters are grayed out.

Reaction score
I want to use the wind filter on an image and its grayed out. I started to notice that a lot of the filters are like that. I thought maybe it was an issue with my filter plugins, but I don't see a problem. What gives?

OP
spheresion
Reaction score
I don't understand why my filters in photoshop don't work

I have Photoshop CS2 and I'm working on using some filters on some images I;m creating. I want to use the Wind filter on an image, but the Wind Filter is grayed out. To say, that I can't use it. i tried looking at my filter plug-ins but nothing is working. I need to use this filter tonight. Please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
See if your document is in CMYK or RGB, I know a lot of filters wont work with CMYK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Also, many filters will not work on 16bit images you have to convert them to 8bit

Reaction score
change your image to RGB and it should work, lots of those filters are for RGB only, then if needed you can change it back to its original settings after you completed the filters

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.