Help setting up Airport Extreme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I just purchased a MacBook Pro and wasn't able to connect to my home wifi.
I just got the Airport Extreme and need to set it up. Since I'm new to Mac I need some help so, I don't screw up. Here's what we have currently.

We are running the Linsky router to 2 PC's and one PC notebook. My MacBook doesn't like the system.

How do I switch to the Airport? Do I install the disc that came with it? And, to which computer? Mac ,PC or All?

Thanks in Advance,
Diane

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I just purchased a MacBook Pro and wasn't able to connect to my home wifi.
I just got the Airport Extreme and need to set it up. Since I'm new to Mac I need some help so, I don't screw up. Here's what we have currently.

We are running the Linsky router to 2 PC's and one PC notebook. My MacBook doesn't like the system.

How do I switch to the Airport? Do I install the disc that came with it? And, to which computer? Mac ,PC or All?

Thanks in Advance,
Diane

There really shouldn't be a problem connecting your Mac to the Linksys router, but that's beside the point. It sounds like you've already chosen to replace it.

As such, you'll just need to unplug the existing router and plug the Airport Extreme in its place. Then, follow the included quick start guide to get it working. You only need to use the installation CD on the computer you intend to use to configure the Airport Extreme. Once that's done, you'll then need to connect each computer to the new router. The included instructions should detail this process.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Thanks, I know there shouldn't been a problem but, for some reason its not connecting to the Linsky's. I spent a good part of Thurs and Friday with tech support trying to figure out why it wouldn't connect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.