• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Ocd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
What are your obsessive compulsive tendancies?

I don't have that many... I don't think? The only real thing I could think of is whenever I find something new that I like I get extremely obessed and it's all I can think about... I usually over-do it and do whatever I can to find a way to be around it. OR if I'm messing around with my UI or wallpaper I will spend hours trying to get everything perfect and will never actually be happy.

How about y'all?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
When I am watching TV I can only have the volume increased by five (5, 10, 15). I can't have the volume on a number such as 7 or anything else.

Sometimes I think it's nicer when the light switches are all the same (all down, or all up).

OP
Dodger
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow... that's so interesting... do you mind if I use that for a character in my book? lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
When walking on sidewalks, I either have to step on every crack or none and I have to take the same number of steps on each segment. I will shorten or lengthen my stride in order to keep things even. There are a lot of things I do that might be a little obsessive, can't seem to think of them all right now.

I read something once and I found it quite humorous, and true at times: "I have CDO. Its like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, except in alphabetical order like it should be."

OP
Dodger
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Haha I'm lovin that quote! I have to admit, I do that sidewalk things sometimes too... I'll probably do it more than ever now that you mentioned it and reminded again haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
i do the sidewalk thing too loll

OP
Dodger
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha ya I think it's more common than you think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I'm a mild OCD. I hate stepping on cracks. I hate any wet dirt (sounds wierd, but want I mean is the floor of the shower or a non perfect swimming pool, thigns like that). I used to bite my nails incessantly but got over that.

It was a lot worse when I was young than it is now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
I used to do the sidewalk thing but I've forced myself to quite that habit. I also used to count either the reflectors or the lines on the road when I drove. I don't recommend it. Almost got in a car accident that way.

OP
Dodger
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ROFL some of these are so funny... no offense.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.