VMWare Fusion Release 8/6/07 $$$

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz C2D 2GB RAM 250GB HD & Superdrive
Hey everybody,

Just say this on Yahoo! news. The VMWare 1.0 release is scheduled for Monday, 6 August 2007. This means you can only pre-order thru Sunday, 12:00 PM Pacific time. Doing so saves 50% off the $79.99 full-release price.

Just an FYI for those who have been using it. I know there have been some threads comparing Fusion to Parallels and it looks like both have pros and cons. Personally, I haven't used Parallels. I tried Fusion first, and it worked, so I stuck with it.

Anyways, just wanted to save folks some money, and no, I don't work for them :Smirk:

Peace,
William

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Thanks for that, I think I'll partake of the offer, I've had a lot more success with VM than Parallels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
I had ordered 2 copies last month (I took the beta offer), do they post you a CD or do you just download the latest copy?

I have not had an email or anything from them although they have taken the money from my account.

Do you also know if any features were added between the final release and RC1?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
You download it. You should have a link in the email they sent you.

From what I've read there are no new features since RC1, just bug fixes as they didn't want to add any features and introduce new bugs.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz C2D 2GB RAM 250GB HD & Superdrive
You download it. You should have a link in the email they sent you.

Just like knightlie said. I got an email instantly confirming my purchase, then another with my key/serial number.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
Just like knightlie said. I got an email instantly confirming my purchase, then another with my key/serial number.

I got an email saying that the final release was for sale but I didn't get anything else.

I did however login to my account on the VMWare site and got the serial numbers from there along with a link to download the app :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.