• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Ban Printers In Working Environments!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
So, your laser printer is slowly killing you "in much the same way as smoke particles from cigarettes". Well, if you're not allowed to smoke in a pub, why should you be able to print in an office? Ban them I say!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6923915.stm

PS. If I read one more story about a perfectly safe activity being a health hazard, I'm gonna go insane. They'll be telling us Wi-Fi signals are microwaving our children's brains next. Oh :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
What ever happened to cell phones causing brain cancer. Did they just decide that cell phones are worth the risk? :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
One thing I notice is that if you listened to these studies you'd find out that everything is "bad" for ou and will cause cancer or something! One interesting thing is to find out who funded the study... for example one study said beef was bad for you, and it was funded by some vwgitable company.... and theres an add on caadian tv where the cigarette companies said milk was worse for you than second hand smoke!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
That cigarette ad is also on TV here in the US.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM 667MHz, 130GB HD
I work in a print shop. By all means I should have a lumping tumor coming out of my torso any day now, according to that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.