wireless connection strong, cannot browse.

Reaction score
I have a MacBook that is about 5 months old. My family uses Linksys for our router, and at one point it provided wireless for a PC desktop, a PC laptop, and my MacBook. My mother's PC desktop was having problems connecting to the internet, and when she checked the router cables she realized that the cable had become unhooked. Before finding this problem she had unplugged, rebooted and replugged all the cables etc. of Linksys router as Linksys told her to do on the phone to troubleshoot. After she did that, i was unable to browse at all. My wireless connection to Linksys is very strong, and Network Diagnostics shows green lights except for the Internet and the Server (red lights). I cannot browse using Linksys but I am able to steal wireless from a neighbor (with very slow browsing), and i am also able to fully browse in other locations. I read that Linksys does not officially support Macs. maybe this is why i cannot browse?

btw - our Linksys is unsecure (no password).

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
See my reply to your PM, but let's continue this discussion in the open forum so that others might add their insight.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.