PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Bill - Have you gotten one?

bryphotoguy
07-29-2007, 09:43 AM
I started a contract with AT&T 3 weeks ago and everything has worked fine so far. I still haven't received anything from they. I know it's too early to get a bill from them in the mail but I was expecting something.
Has anyone gotten anything from AT&T yet??
Bryan

guant
07-29-2007, 08:31 PM
I haven't gotten one yet, i have been able to see my usage online though, nothing about how much my bill is yet

dtravis7
07-29-2007, 08:47 PM
There was one user here on Mac Forums who did and was quite upset. Will try and find the post.

noodles2go@
07-29-2007, 09:45 PM
i got my bill... it was like 93 dollars. WTF?!

Stretch
07-29-2007, 10:06 PM
$35 activation fee, $50 month, $Taxes, yep, $93 sounds about right.

dtravis7
07-29-2007, 10:09 PM
$35 activation fee, $50 month, $Taxes, yep, $93 sounds about right.

Agreed, the first bill will be a lot higher then it will be the normal amount the 2nd month.

mathogre
07-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Oh yeah, I already got my first, but it was what I expected w/ fees, taxes et al. I don't remember exactly how much it was, but it was over US$100. Full month service, $60. Activation fee $35 (or so). Pro-rated time for first week for billing cycle. Taxes. Next month should be in the $70 range - monthly fee and taxes.

Kash
07-29-2007, 10:43 PM
I got my first as well, and I'm in the same boat as mathogre. I was expecting it to be that high, so I didn't freak out when I saw it.

My bill before I got the iPhone was at $60 anyway, so I won't be noticing an increase in monthly costs.

mathogre
07-29-2007, 11:03 PM
Here's some additional info. You can check your bill and minutes remaining from the iPhone directly. Go:

Settings> Phone> AT&T Services

You can select Check Bill Balance or View My Minutes, and their system will send you a text message with the appropriate information. According to the iPhone User Guide from Apple (downloadable pdf), these text messages don't count against your allowed limit.

bryphotoguy
07-30-2007, 09:13 AM
I am not worried about the costs or my usage. I expect it to be around $100.
I had a problem with AT&T last October when i signed up for their DSL service. Long story short, I wasn't getting anything from them for awhile. My service was never turned on but eventually I started getting lots and lots of bills, 2 a month to be exact.
They didn't straighten most of it out and mucked up my credit. They say I owe them $150 and I refused to pay. I got a nice little mark on my credit score which is going to totally mess up me getting a new apartment in a few months.
I just dont want to be late on a bill, that's all.
Bryan