• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Michael Vick "Thread"

Reaction score
I like the option of letting it play out in the courts. I see Vick stories way too many times on ESPN. They act like Vick raped their grandmoms or something of that nature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
That poll is not one sided or anything. I am not a Vick fan but have you ever heard of innocent til proven guilty?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You left out the options for:

"This is all being blown way out of proportion"

and:

"Do Nothing"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have a hard time voting in a poll that is not grammatically correct.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I'd quote all of you but then my post would be really long

and I'd have a lot of +1's.

The only thing I saw that was semi disturbing ((Well, other than the dogs trying to kill each other of course)) was a news story on Yahoo the other day about how the people standing in front of the courthouse when he arrived were not only divided by the dog lovers and those that wanted him to burn vs the supporters of the consitution and those that were holding signs with the "innocent until proven guilty" sentiment, but the racial divide as well.

The article read that 90%-95% of each side was primarily white and primarily black. You should be able to guess how they were divided. No? The animal rights supporters and those calling out that he should die and "burn in ****" were mainly white and those who were supporting the belief of due process were almost all black.

;D I use to write a little bit...I know how to make purdy wurds.

But it's just a shame because eventually you know that is what this trial will boil down to. Even if it's not about race in the court room, it will be about race on the street. "Oh, he's black that's why he's guilty" or, "Oh, he's black that's why they let him off when it was all true". Every one here knows how the world works. The trial starts the end of next month I think. When it's finished, come back to my post and see if I'm not right...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ipod video 30 gb/ Macbook Pro 2.2...... iphone up next i know
Spoken truth was written above me and could not have been written any better!

Reaction score
The trial starts the end of next month I think. When it's finished, come back to my post and see if I'm not right...
Actually the trial starts November 26th.

The race card has already been played by star black athletes (Clinton Portis, Emmitt Smith, Joe Horn and Deion Sanders to name a few). It's completely ridiculous but yes that is the world we live in.

What Vick was (probably) involved in is one of the most heinous things a human can do and that is the opinion of millions of people not just a hand full of PETA activists.

For those who don't have compassion for this situation you might want to watch this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
What Vick was (probably) involved in is one of the most heinous things a human can do and that is the opinion of millions of people not just a hand full of PETA activists.

For those who don't have compassion for this situation you might want to watch this.

I don't think there's a single person in this forum who supports dog fighting. I think the point they're trying to make is that Vick is innocent until proven guilty and people should let the trial play out before passing judgement. We should wait to see if the evidence converges on his guilt. I just don't see the point of jumping on the Vick-bashing bandwagon when he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. And just because I don't want to attack him doesn't mean I think dog fighting is a good thing.

I also don't think that attaching a video of a dog fight will help people see your way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
About this race card idea, what about the "pro athelete" issue at hand here. If vick we a factory worker or anything but a famous nfl quarterback...people would still be bashing him...but he also at such a high profile level should be setting an example. As a star QB he is/was a hero to countless people, Vick the factory worker would not be. People in the public eye as celebrities of some sort should be subject to the same law as the avg person...If he is convicted and sent to prison he should be sent to a normal prison not one of these luxury resorts that they call low security detention centers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I can't say since I just know the basics of what he's being accused of.

I did see a hilarious comic in the paper today of Vick in a courtroom and the jury box was full of all the comic/cartoon dogs: Snoopy, Underdog, Scooby, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.