• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Wisdom Tooth Extraction

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
I'm having mine extracted tomorrow, arghhhhhhhhhhh (so scared!):| . Any experience to share?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Nothing to worry about... just enjoy the sedation, and be sure they give you a good prescription med for the pain afterwards. You'll be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I guess I was lucky. I had absolutely no pain afterwards. In fact, I woke right up after the procedure and didn't even feel groggy or out of it from the sedation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I was lucky as well.

Not much pain after extracting the Wisdom tooth, I was actually contemplating going back to work ;P

Talking of wisdom teeth, my other one is starting to hurt now. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I'm having mine extracted tomorrow, arghhhhhhhhhhh (so scared!):| . Any experience to share?

Yep! plenty but you wouldn't want to hear them:D :D ;D

Good luck with yours

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I guess I was lucky. I had absolutely no pain afterwards. In fact, I woke right up after the procedure and didn't even feel groggy or out of it from the sedation.

No pain here either, only I was not put under. They just numbed my gums and the whole thing took about 10 minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I had all 4 of mine pulled while I was in the Navy. I don't remember much about it other than getting a few days off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
When I had mine removed, the dentist had me take Valium beforehand, which made it so I could barely walk into his office. Then he gave me laughing gas and novicane (sp?), then he gave me a shot of something that just knocked me out. Afterwards, I was swollen, but he had me take a Vicodin pill and had me stay on that prescription for 2 weeks. Now, I've done my fair share of partying. I don't go for the illegal stuff, but I've used alcohol, tobacco, and salvia, and I've never been as messed up as I was during that appointment. So you should have fun.;)

Reaction score
They did you up really good, TC99. :D

I had 2 removed so far and it wasn't that bad. I just remember my mouth where the tooth was extracted felt like the size of a watermelon, but looked normal haha. I'm sure you'll be fine. Vicodin will help you. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
had all four removed, two were impacted. woke up during the removal of the last impacted one, which is where they shatter it to remove it fully.

that was fun. :(

gave me Percodan to take home. took one pill then switched to Advil (Ibuprofin) which is a good anti-inflamitory. the worst part was my teeth going back to where they were supposed to be since the impactions had moved them a bit. nothing like a constant sore mouth, kinda like braces. ugh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I haven't had mine out yet, but the top-left one is about half way out as if it was growing in normally.. But there's this small little piece of a tooth, which I think might be another one that's coming in above it and it's starting to hurt my gums.. My teeth feel tight too.. Good thing my benefits from work just kicked in.. Free dental for the most part! :D

Reaction score
I still have all of mine. They are all in and they fit. After examining my X-Rays, my Dentist said there is no reason to pull them out. I guess that's why I'm so wise. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
As you can see by the responses so far, it's not usually a big deal. I barely remember having mine out (all 4 on the same day). I know 2 people who had theirs out this month and they had no problems at all and they each only took 1 pain pill afterward.

Good luck! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
had all four removed, two were impacted.
Same here. The impacted "holes" were a little more painful during recuperation.

They put me under and I stayed under for two hours! Was awfully groggy for the rest of the day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM 667MHz, 130GB HD
Ah, don't worry about it. I worked in a Dental Lab for 3 years so I worked closely with dentists. Tooth extractions really aren't a big deal. Just keep it clean and don't get a dry socket. You risk getting an infection, but...I won't go into that. I've had 5 teeth extracted and 3 root canals. I went back to work/school about 3-4 hours after each one.

OP
Skyrider007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, thanks guys. I feel much more confident about walking into my dentist's office for this process now. Hopefully they'll feed me some strong stuff to ease the pain!

OP
Skyrider007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
4 (FOUR!) Wisdom Tooths Removal at Once!

Sorry to bother you guys with another thread related to dental care. But I truly must share my experience......... Arghhhhh - what can I say? It's only been an hour since I leave the dentist's office and my whole face is completely swollen and numb. I was only expecting one or two teeths to be removed when I walked into the dentist, however x-ray results showed that four needed to be removed. Gosh. It wasn't that terribly painful, with the help of valium and local anestheiaha whatever (u know, the injection). Anyway, I felt 4 sharp pains when the dentist did the incision. Drilling the tooths were rather scary as well.

Does any experienced patients have any tips to share on what to do while I'm in pain? I'm already going through Wikipedia and WebMD - reading about this whole process......... Hope I won't get dry sockets.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Combining threads...really no need for two.

OP
Skyrider007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that's fine, i'm so numb that i hv no feelings any more... lol

M

MacHeadCase

I truly and deeply sympathize with you: going to a dentist is, for me, the worst that can happen to me, I am traumatized each time and getting those wisdom teeth pulled is really awful.

The good thing is, those teeth can't get cavities later on. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.