Running java

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0 ghz core duo 2. 2gb ram ddr2, 60gb hard drive, superdrive. ipod video 30gb. Iphone
I'm a 2nd year university student and i want to learn and practice some java programming on my mac 10.4. I just want to know how i go about setting it all up .

many thanks

Angelo

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Best way (for newbies) is to download a development environment (IDE) for editing compiling your Java programs. I recommend Eclipse, but others like Netbeans.

Of course all you really need is a text editor eg smultron to edit your code, then open a terminal window, navigate to where you saved your java files, compile it with the javac command eg javac ThisFile.java and execute the program with the java command eg java ThisFile

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Another vote for Eclipse here, it's complex but it's a very good Java IDE, and can be extended for other languages and features.

OP
Angelojoseph17
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0 ghz core duo 2. 2gb ram ddr2, 60gb hard drive, superdrive. ipod video 30gb. Iphone
thanks very much guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.