Hack: iPhone Tethering now available!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Whoohoo!

Apparently there's nothing in the TOS that says you can't do this either...can't wait to give it a try! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Nice, but I'll be excited about this ability when the 3G iPhone comes out. EDGE won't be useful for much more than very, very basic websites and email.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That is a lot of work. I would much rather carry around my 8525 and swap the SIM cards than go through that multi-step process, especially when the 8525 only requires 2 steps to setup tethering.

Yea, I'm going to wait until either Apple offers this support via an update or when the iPhone hack comes with a nice GUI

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, I'm going to wait until either Apple offers this support via an update or when the iPhone hack comes with a nice GUI

I doubt there will ever be support from Apple and AT&T doesn't want any kind of phone tethering. They want you to buy a data plan and data card for that.

Now that it's been hacked, I'm sure someone will make a more automated way of connecting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
The warning on that site just had me curious...is anyone absolutely sure that we aren't violating anything doing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
This is good to know. That is one of the reasons that I wouldn't buy an Iphone. Get this a little better and put 3g on that bad boy and I may consider it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The warning on that site just had me curious...is anyone absolutely sure that we aren't violating anything doing this?

Tethering is not allowed with any kind of phone with AT&T, not just the iPhone. I think they have it in the agreement that you shouldn't do it and if they notice an unusual high volume of up/down stream activity from your phone, they will retard your connection speed.

That being said, many, many people tether their phones to their laptops and there's really not much AT&T can do about it. It's not like they'll kick down your door and take your phone, or give you the boot like Sprint. It's just that AT&T wants you to buy a data card and separate data plan for that kind of activity. Tethering cuts into their sales numbers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
intel core duo 2 Black Macbook 2gb of ram. 200 gb hardrive,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.