Google Search for iPhone - beta

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It's all Javascript, as well, so it's fast and simple.

Wait a minute, I thought the iPhone didn't support javascript. (?????)

The author makes a good point, why make a "baby" web page for the iPhone when it's supposed to be all about full web page capability.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
It doesn't support flash, not javascript :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You're confusing Javascript with plain ol' Java. The iPhone can't display Java or Flash, but has no problem with Javascript

I also don't see the purpose of this site. Using the full version of Google works just fine on my iPhone. There's even the option to use the existing mobile version. I'm going to try this out to see why they bothered

Edit: Just tried it out. It's got some potential. The simplicity is nice, especially when using it over EDGE. It's still clearly a beta product as when you click "More Results" it opens up the full Google page instead of continuing with the new iPhone format. Overall, it's a nice feature for the iPhone.

Reaction score
I like having a plain dumb down website, especially for searching, no need to have bells and whistles just to do a search

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.