• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Oldest Mac?

oka

Reaction score
What Mac is your oldest one? A what is it doing today? Anything useful?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM 667MHz, 130GB HD
We have some old cryptic computers at the shop I work at. A lot of them are just old Apples and Apple IIs, most that are still text command interface. I found an old Mac (dunno the model or year) that at least had GUI but I found the back up discs for it.....87 floppy A's ...........to back up that little Mac. Makes me giggle because I can back up my mother in laws Mac Mini onto one of my flash drives and stick it in my pocket. As for what they're doing today...they make excellent tables. Excellent. Superb. Only the best from Apple.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have a Mac Plus that came out in 1986. 4 Megs RAM. Still works perfectly and gets on the net with Dial Up. Run an old version of AIM and Eudora. Amazing for it's time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM 667MHz, 130GB HD
Many props to your Mac Plus for still working 21 years later enough to support internet and IM.

OP
O

oka

Reaction score
I have a Mac Plus that came out in 1986. 4 Megs RAM. Still works perfectly and gets on the net with Dial Up. Run an old version of AIM and Eudora. Amazing for it's time.

I bet Eudora from that time is a big hit to use ;)

Reaction score
My oldest Mac is an iMac G5 October 2005, which I still use today as my main computer.

Yeah, I'm a n00b.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 300MHz 288mb RAM Mac OS X (Panther), iMac G3 500MHz (Panther), iMac G3 350MHz (Tiger), iPod
My oldest Mac is a iMac G3 350MHZ runs mac os x but it gets the job done...
:Smirk: G3's are just KEWL :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
My oldest Mac is in my signature... Actually, my iPod is older than my Mac. I'm not what you would call a life-long Mac user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
My oldest mac is my LCII... It worked w/ some old aol dial up on the internet but rarely used. Its since been completely retired as it started flashing the sad mac logo after I messed around putting a powermac g3 hd into it... :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
My oldest is a TiBook 667 :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.