• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

post your consumer story thread

Reaction score
post your consumer story "good or bad"

here a few

Best Buy Store

about 2000 I drop my ibm laptop for an upgraded "memory" and they told me that this memory will work for my laptop but when they did is install the wrong memory and fry the MB and HD and they told they fix it and as i got home to turn it on smoke shoot out and i when back down there and ask them what happen and they cannot answer it but when they did was "coverup" there mistake by lying and blaming me this maching was in 110% working order and it not "dead" but to make a story short "thank to ibm" after i told them of what happen and look at it IBM gave a brank new P4 laptop w/ 2yrs ext warranty and i was happy but i still miss my old PIII :(

Circuitcity "this happen in 2007"

Circuitcity try to scam me out of $500 open box that was problem free "then there so call "fire dog lied to me"

1.CD / DVD was defective "never told me"
2.They never got rid of there software
3.They sold me a computer with a defective battery "laster for 20 day"

so after i threaten them with legal action "after 20 to 30 times to get any help" they agree to return my laptop to them

i would like to meantion what store "but i dont to make anyone here a VICTIM to there lied and Bser"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.