• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Your hero?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminium PowerBook G4 first gen
Who's your hero or big daddy either fictional or real? ^^

Mine's Duke Nukem, definitively...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
As bad-@ss as Duke Nukem is.. I don't personally have a hero.

M

MacHeadCase

I'm not much of a hero seeker myself either.

But if I really had to chose one, it would have to be Ellen Ripley (played by Sigourney Weaver in the Alien movie series).

First female character in science fiction/horror movies that wasn't a wimp and in need to be saved by a guy all the time. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I'm not much of a hero seeker myself either.

But if I really had to chose one, it would have to be Ellen Ripley (played by Sigourney Weaver in the Alien movie series).

First female character in science fiction/horror movies that wasn't a wimp and in need to be saved by a guy all the time. :D

I totally agree here. I loved the Alien trilogy since I was about 5 years old.. I even have the complete DarkHorse comic of Alien Ressurection. Aliens and Predator pwn!

If the Canadian army had 100 Predators, we'd be in control. :Mischievous:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Steve Jobs, DUH.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
mario, from super mario bros. he kicks so much but.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I'd have to say my hero is my mom. Because of her I've had a roof over my head and food in my stomach for 22 years. When I was 7 and my dad was injured and unable to work, my mom enrolled in school, graduated, and got a good job to support us. To this day she continues to amaze me, she has so much perseverance and always strives for more. I am who I am because of her.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 80GB 2GHz C2D 1GB RAM | iPod Nano 3G 8GB
Nobody for me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I agree netty. My mom is my hero!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Marty McFly, Daniel Larruzzo (I can't spell, the dude from Karate kid) and Rocky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well as a song writer look up to Billy Joel. I just think he's a great writer and I love his music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM 667MHz, 130GB HD
I'd have to say my dad, who has no problem giving the shirt off his back and every bit of money in his pocket to help someone he loves. In all the years I've known him he has never stopped working. Even after heart attacks, strokes, vehicle colissions, accidentally ramming a 12ft steel rod through his right knee into his thigh...he always gets up and goes back to work, against doctors orders and through pain, within a matter of days. When you ask him why he'll say because he wants to give me everything I've ever wanted. Consequently, that is a HUGE guilt slap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The person in the Foo Fighter's song "My hero"...

Not sure who that is though... :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i wouldn't say i have a hero, but there are people i try to emulate.

and despite being agnostic, Jesus is probably close to or on the top of that list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.