• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

oneword.com issues on my new macbook

Reaction score
Hey all,
I just recently got a macbook pro, and I've had trouble getting to the website Oneword.com.
Basically, it's a website where you get sixty seconds to write whatever comes to mind based on the word they display at the top of the page, and my issue is that every time I click Go, I get a page that says
"Access Forbidden, You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server. If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster. Error 403"

Any suggestions?? I use Firefox btw, but I get the same results with Safari.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I'm doubting this has anything to do with your mac. That's just a guess though. Its probably a site problem.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It's loading here in Safari and with all the latest updates installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
but did you press go. I just tried it in safari and got acess forbidden. AlsyiaJ did u try it in firefox or safari or some other browser.? I tried it on both and had no success

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
but did you press go. I just tried it in safari and got acess forbidden. AlsyiaJ did u try it in firefox or safari or some other browser.? I tried it on both and had no success

It was late, I forgot to press go. I am on a PC. XP SP2, all latest updates. If I press GO get same error in IE7, Latest Firefox, Opera latest version. It's not an OSX issue. Nothing here will get past prssing go, and on a Windows machine that goes to every site on the net.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
An error 403 is a server configuration problem, access forbidden or something. Email them about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD
Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.