recommendations for a router with decent signal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 ghz Macbook
Hey,

For some reason I am having problems connecting both my two routers to my mac, anyway the signals are reasonably weak on both so i am now looking to buy another router with a good signal.

We have just had an extension on the house and so some parts of the house are now out of range so I am looking for some recommendations for a router which is a brand name and has a decent signal.

It obviously has to work with the mac but windows machines too which puts me off getting the airport (apart from the price too).

I am looking to spend £70 ($140) tops.

thanks

dave.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Despite the manufacturer's claims, most wireless routers that are of the same specification have about equal signal strength. There are some exceptions to this rule, but generally the variance is insignificant.

It's far more likely that your existing router is just poorly placed or is being interfered with by another router. Have you checked the Wireless Networking FAQ? Click on the link in my signature.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.