PDA

View Full Version : Can iPhone be used to store Word docs, etc?

VegasOnline
07-17-2007, 12:20 AM
I'm not finding any real answers on the web, or specific ones here. So I'll just ask:

Does the iPhone support file storage similar to the 5gen iPods? I'd like to buy an iPhone and have some Neo office docs and Final Draft 7.0 docs "backed up" on my phone.

Thanks for any replies :-)

fleurya
07-17-2007, 12:34 AM
There's a file system hack, but it doesn't look very good for regular use when thumb drives are so small, cheap and easy to use.

VegasOnline
07-17-2007, 01:10 AM
Thanks fleurya - I thought about the thumb drives, but was curious if an iPhone could do the trick.

take care.

iRye
07-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Hopefully it will come in a software update.

Kash
07-17-2007, 02:47 AM
As it currently stands, no, you can' use it in "disk mode" but there are plans for such functionality to be included in a future update

kaidomac
07-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks fleurya - I thought about the thumb drives, but was curious if an iPhone could do the trick.

take care.

Honestly a thumb drive will be your best bet - it's the easiest solution right now. Plus you can put it on your keychain so you don't even notice it (that way I always have mine with me). Newegg has some great deals on USB memory sticks - 2gb for $20, 4gb for $40, and 8gb for $70:

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=522&name=USB-Flash-Drives

MacLuva
07-19-2007, 12:03 AM
actually you can
you just need to print the document to PDF and send it to iphoto to be synced to your iphone.

For example,
If you are trying to store a MS Word document you must open the document in word and choose print, when the print dialog appears select the PDF button (bottom left) and choose PDF to iphoto. From there you should be prompted to select a folder to save the document. (this folder should be made ahead of time inside iphoto). Once the document is saved all that's left is to is sync your iPhone(inside iTunes make sure the folder you added is checked in the photo section).

I havent actully tried yet, so let me know if it work.