Networking a PC and Mac?

Reaction score
I noticed that at Mactopia (Microsofts everything Mac site) has a free (I think) download of a program that enables you to access remotley your PC or Mac or vice versa. Also to share files and stuff. I have no idea about networking. I guess I will need a wireless router? Would that be enough to network them together? Also, if I download a torrent on my Mac that has a virus that does not affect my Mac, will it affect the PC that is networked to it - even if I do not transfer the files, can it somehow spread? As always, thanks so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Also, if I download a torrent on my Mac that has a virus that does not affect my Mac, will it affect the PC that is networked to it - even if I do not transfer the files, can it somehow spread? As always, thanks so much.

although i cannot answer the first part of the question (at least in my condition at the moment, if you get the drift ;D) this part of the question seems ridiculous to me... why would any legally downloaded torrent, such as uncopyrighted material, or stuff you own the copyright too have a virus?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
if I download a torrent on my Mac that has a virus that does not affect my Mac, will it affect the PC that is networked to it - even if I do not transfer the files, can it somehow spread? As always, thanks so much.

It can only affect the PC if the virus is run, if it stays in Mac OS X nothing will happen. If you're running Windows on the mac and the virus get executed there is a possibility it can spread.

OP
B
Reaction score
Okay guys, thanks so much for your help. I will definitely dl this program from Mactopia then. Take care.

OP
B
Reaction score
Airport networking to PC

Hi,
I just recently purchased the Airport Extreme, wow, is it nice. We hooked it up and both our Dell PC and Macbook are running the internet now just fine. I need to know how do we share files? Can you use the Airport as a harddrive, to place the file on there, and then the other computer can access it? This is really complicated, but we need to know how to do this. Is there some program, like Gotomypc or something we need? Although, I guess we would need, gotomymac. Ha Ha. Thanks.

OP
B
Reaction score
Sending Files on Aiport extreme?

Hi,
I would like to know how I go about sending files from my Mac to my PC, or vice versa using out Airport Extreme wireless network. Is there a program I need? Also, is there anyway to remotely access my PC from my Mac, or vice versa? Thanks... g'night.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.