iPhone: Will it Blend?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Waste of $$$. I wish I had $600 just laying around. It's not the iPhone, it's the $$$.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
It's a good investment. He'll sell hundreds more $400 blenders.

That blender is my next planned purchase after the iPhone. We've gone through 3 blenders since we got married a couple years ago and had given up until I saw that blender last year. Stupid $400 pricetag lol. But if it works as promised (and all reviews point to it), it should prove to be a great tool. It's like a Mac...you pay a little more, but you get rid of the hassle ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Well, he can at least get $400 back if he submits that video to Break.com. With all the garbage they've been posting, this will be a shoe-in. I'm sure other sites would pay for the video too.

Looks like that black cover over the antenna is the weakest part. Why does it have to be black anyway? I never found an explanation for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Nobody has mentioned the fact that the phone's display is active for a lot longer than I would have guessed. Though little bugger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
If you also take a look on the site he also does 2 more apple related blends.
1. old ipod.
2. various computer equipment including a mighty mouse.

Yeah he proves his point but why? I just don't get it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
If you also take a look on the site he also does 2 more apple related blends.
1. old ipod.
2. various computer equipment including a mighty mouse.

Yeah he proves his point but why? I just don't get it.

It's a commercial-- he sells the blenders. The $599 for the phone is nothing, especially with all the free advertising the company is getting. Every major tech site has linked to the video, so much so that their server is down. It's posted on forums everywhere. It has been featured on network and cable news programs. For production costs of just a few thousand dollars, they've gotten tons a free exposure.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Looks like that black cover over the antenna is the weakest part. Why does it have to be black anyway? I never found an explanation for that.

It doesn't have to be black, it just has to be plastic to let the antenna signal through. What other color would they make it? The front of the iPhone is glossy black and the sides and back are chrome, so beige really wouldn't look good and white would get dirty quickly. Black matches the rest of the phone the best imo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Nobody has mentioned the fact that the phone's display is active for a lot longer than I would have guessed. Though little bugger.

I noticed that too. Combined with the PC World video, I feel better about the durability of my iPhone :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
It's a commercial-- he sells the blenders. The $599 for the phone is nothing, especially with all the free advertising the company is getting. Every major tech site has linked to the video, so much so that their server is down. It's posted on forums everywhere. It has been featured on network and cable news programs. For production costs of just a few thousand dollars, they've gotten tons a free exposure.

EXACTLY!! I'll tell you what.... They are some of the best (most convincing) commercials for a product I have seen. So good, I went to the Blendtec website to find out what it would cost to get me one of those machines... I mean, if it can blend an iPhone, Marbles, Golfballs, etc into DUST!!! Imagine how great it would blend food... but... they are all $500 blenders and UP, so for now, I'll stick with my Cuisinart Blender.

Reaction score
I heard the words "I love my iPhone" but the actions of destroying it (it did last a long time didn't it?) and the smile on his face say otherwise. :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It doesn't have to be black, it just has to be plastic to let the antenna signal through. What other color would they make it? The front of the iPhone is glossy black and the sides and back are chrome, so beige really wouldn't look good and white would get dirty quickly. Black matches the rest of the phone the best imo.

Ah so! I didn't understand because on another site someone made it sound as though it had to be black. There's nothing wrong with the way it looks, but I did see another site advertising converting the rest of the back to black with a silver Apple logo which I think had a really nice and understated look. The current look is very distinctive, but that scares me a little. It says "I'm a $600 iPhone that everyone wants! Steal me!!" kind of like the beginnings of the iPod when people referred to them and the earphones as "steal me white".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook w/ 2.16GHz Duo & 2GB RAM
An iPhone is definitely not in my near future (this new macbook is going to have to continue to impress for a while before give any more money to apple), but that display definitely stayed on through some good whacks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
No Freaking way, That video broke my heart!

I guess someone has too much money to spare!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I bet that guy is gonna sell a lot of blenders off of this one. That video is everywhere. Though he doesn't really make it known that he actually sells blenders in the video. He should probably do more to make that understood.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I bet that guy is gonna sell a lot of blenders off of this one. That video is everywhere. Though he doesn't really make it known that he actually sells blenders in the video. He should probably do more to make that understood.

Agreed! I really don't care about the cost of the iPhone, or the "what a waste" factor...

First of all it is INCREDIBLE marketing, secondly.... It's blatantly obvious that their product is amazing... it turned an iphone, into vapor/dust!!! I am amazed every time I watch it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.