PDA

View Full Version : iPhone: Will it Blend?

kaidomac
07-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Oh the horror (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1ckCkm8YI) :Shouting:

dtravis7
07-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Waste of $$$. I wish I had $600 just laying around. It's not the iPhone, it's the $$$.

kaidomac
07-10-2007, 06:55 PM
iSmoke - don't breathe that!

dtravis7
07-10-2007, 07:02 PM
iSmoke - don't breathe that!

Yeah that was funny. Can I have some Cool Aid with that smoke! :D

technologist
07-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Waste of $$$. I wish I had $600 just laying around. It's not the iPhone, it's the $$$.

It's a good investment. He'll sell hundreds more $400 blenders.

kaidomac
07-10-2007, 08:29 PM
It's a good investment. He'll sell hundreds more $400 blenders.

That blender is my next planned purchase after the iPhone. We've gone through 3 blenders since we got married a couple years ago and had given up until I saw that blender last year. Stupid $400 pricetag lol. But if it works as promised (and all reviews point to it), it should prove to be a great tool. It's like a Mac...you pay a little more, but you get rid of the hassle ;)

fleurya
07-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Well, he can at least get $400 back if he submits that video to Break.com. With all the garbage they've been posting, this will be a shoe-in. I'm sure other sites would pay for the video too.

Looks like that black cover over the antenna is the weakest part. Why does it have to be black anyway? I never found an explanation for that.

dakineyj
07-11-2007, 03:42 AM
Nobody has mentioned the fact that the phone's display is active for a lot longer than I would have guessed. Though little bugger.

the8thark
07-11-2007, 10:34 AM
If you also take a look on the site he also does 2 more apple related blends.
1. old ipod.
2. various computer equipment including a mighty mouse.

Yeah he proves his point but why? I just don't get it.

dan828
07-11-2007, 02:45 PM
If you also take a look on the site he also does 2 more apple related blends.
1. old ipod.
2. various computer equipment including a mighty mouse.

Yeah he proves his point but why? I just don't get it.

It's a commercial-- he sells the blenders. The $599 for the phone is nothing, especially with all the free advertising the company is getting. Every major tech site has linked to the video, so much so that their server is down. It's posted on forums everywhere. It has been featured on network and cable news programs. For production costs of just a few thousand dollars, they've gotten tons a free exposure.

kaidomac
07-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Looks like that black cover over the antenna is the weakest part. Why does it have to be black anyway? I never found an explanation for that.

It doesn't have to be black, it just has to be plastic to let the antenna signal through. What other color would they make it? The front of the iPhone is glossy black and the sides and back are chrome, so beige really wouldn't look good and white would get dirty quickly. Black matches the rest of the phone the best imo.

Kash
07-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Nobody has mentioned the fact that the phone's display is active for a lot longer than I would have guessed. Though little bugger.

I noticed that too. Combined with the PC World video, I feel better about the durability of my iPhone :D

RiDE
07-11-2007, 04:39 PM
It's a commercial-- he sells the blenders. The $599 for the phone is nothing, especially with all the free advertising the company is getting. Every major tech site has linked to the video, so much so that their server is down. It's posted on forums everywhere. It has been featured on network and cable news programs. For production costs of just a few thousand dollars, they've gotten tons a free exposure.

EXACTLY!! I'll tell you what.... They are some of the best (most convincing) commercials for a product I have seen. So good, I went to the Blendtec website to find out what it would cost to get me one of those machines... I mean, if it can blend an iPhone, Marbles, Golfballs, etc into DUST!!! Imagine how great it would blend food... but... they are all $500 blenders and UP, so for now, I'll stick with my Cuisinart Blender.

PapaNoHair
07-11-2007, 04:43 PM
I heard the words "I love my iPhone" but the actions of destroying it (it did last a long time didn't it?) and the smile on his face say otherwise. :Grimmace:

fleurya
07-11-2007, 04:48 PM
It doesn't have to be black, it just has to be plastic to let the antenna signal through. What other color would they make it? The front of the iPhone is glossy black and the sides and back are chrome, so beige really wouldn't look good and white would get dirty quickly. Black matches the rest of the phone the best imo.

Ah so! I didn't understand because on another site someone made it sound as though it had to be black. There's nothing wrong with the way it looks, but I did see another site advertising converting the rest of the back to black with a silver Apple logo which I think had a really nice and understated look. The current look is very distinctive, but that scares me a little. It says "I'm a $600 iPhone that everyone wants! Steal me!!" kind of like the beginnings of the iPod when people referred to them and the earphones as "steal me white".

ac3smith
07-11-2007, 07:29 PM
An iPhone is definitely not in my near future (this new macbook is going to have to continue to impress for a while before give any more money to apple), but that display definitely stayed on through some good whacks.

MinaMACMan
07-12-2007, 12:23 AM
No Freaking way, That video broke my heart!

I guess someone has too much money to spare!

HardBench.com
07-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Good stuff!

fleurya
07-12-2007, 06:39 PM
I bet that guy is gonna sell a lot of blenders off of this one. That video is everywhere. Though he doesn't really make it known that he actually sells blenders in the video. He should probably do more to make that understood.

RiDE
07-12-2007, 06:42 PM
I bet that guy is gonna sell a lot of blenders off of this one. That video is everywhere. Though he doesn't really make it known that he actually sells blenders in the video. He should probably do more to make that understood.

Agreed! I really don't care about the cost of the iPhone, or the "what a waste" factor...

First of all it is INCREDIBLE marketing, secondly.... It's blatantly obvious that their product is amazing... it turned an iphone, into vapor/dust!!! I am amazed every time I watch it.

mathogre
07-15-2007, 03:25 PM
You can bid on the blended iPhone. Yes, you too can own a pile of black hazardous dust and bent metal. At the moment the top bid is US$1,151 for which you also get...

a brand new Black Total Blender- $400 value, a "Will It Blend?" DVD of the first 50 videos and an autographed "Tom ****son Is My Homeboy" t-shirt!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPhone-and-Blendtec-Total-Blender_W0QQitemZ170129995323QQihZ007QQcategoryZ64 355QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Free shipping too. Such a deal.