What's your opinion on iPhone development?

Reaction score
I mean, I am hearing such disgruntlement about developers' hands being tied by Apple. Even with the proposed web 2.0 development their hands are tied.
My question, and I admit i have not thought thru it completely, is 'How many and what type Apps are these folks wanting for the iPhone?'

How much WORK really can you do with a pocket phone?

Is this device not first of all a phone and a communication device via email and voice? Isn't it for your convenience when on the go? I mean, how many will actually do a substantial amount of WORK on the iPhone? How many will sit still long enough when away from their desks or offices to do meaningful work on a cell phone???

There are over 3075 widgets available. 90% of these are not worth even a look - if there are other applications that will make the iPhone an interactive device in some meaningful manner, other than the ways it currently is - email, voice, internet etc., then i can see Apple coming up with these, otherwise it seems like a lot of moaning to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.