Pro Tools users

Reaction score
I have a Powerbook G4, and Pro Tools 7.3 LE. Don't I need to upgrade it to 10.4.8 to make it compatible? And I was told not to use the "Software Update". But rather to go directly to the site and download the 10.4.8 combo?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
What OS are you currently running?
You can use the automatic software update. There aren't problems with it nor have i heard of any, so go for it. My powerbook G4 macosx updates automatically with no problems at all.

My studio's Pro-tools LE 7.0 however, was a pain in the butt until we upgraded to 7.3. You can't go wrong if you upgrade.

OP
R
Reaction score
Machine Name: PowerBook G4 15"
Machine Model: PowerBook3,5
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (3.3)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 133 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.5.3f2

Everything "unexpectedly quits" at random times. But honestly, it doesn't even do it at random times anymore. I just know what makes it quit and what doesn't now. Therefore I just stay away from it. Which really limits me to what I want to do on it. So what do you think?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.