Recently developed network issue

Reaction score
Howdy, been running Apache server (installed from installer, not default version) from my Mac for a couple years, running PHP/MySQL. I have been accessing HTML on the server from other Macs and PCs by using the local 10.0.1.* URL. This has been working for a couple years until a couple weeks ago I had a hard drive failure on my BACKUP, secondary, non-boot drive. I needed to update some OS software on my boot drive (which was NOT the one that crashed) to run DiskWarrior on the 2nd bad drive.

Somewhere along the way during that weekend of recovery I lost the ability to hit my server from other machines, either Mac or PC - i only have 3 machines including the server. i can ping 10.0.1.4 (which is the current IP of my server) from both PC and Mac but if i type that into a browser (as I used to do) i just get an error after timeout.

One of the updates I had to do during that weekend was a firmware update. There may also have been a security update for the OS but I don't recall for certain. I am curious if the firmware update changed some preference...? Any ideas where to start with this? I have checked permissions on the HTML in question.

I am OS 10.3.9, Apache 2, 1.6 GHz PPC G5 tower, Airport Extreme + cable network. Thanks...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.