iPhone Updates

JRV

Reaction score
We don't really need this yet but can we keep a running thread about iPhone updates and bug fixes? It would be easiest to keep them in one thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Rather than one thread, it's probably easier to try and contain each update/fix in one thread, otherwise it would be crazy all in one thread. ;)

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
The problem with putting each update/fix in a seperate thread would be that we might not know to search for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well that's why there's a search button on the top of the forum... ;)

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
Well that's why there's a search button on the top of the forum... ;)

True, but they don't always find what you want if you don't know the keywords to use or sometimes you have to look through hundreds of results. Both can make the search button useless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So why don't we just stick all the iPhone posts in one thread in general so people don't have to search for iPhone information? ;P

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
So why don't we just stick all the iPhone posts in one thread in general so people don't have to search for iPhone information? ;P

You are clearly just going with the extreme here. Obviously you can't stick unrelated topics together. But you are saying that skattering iPhone updates/fix all over the place makes sense?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Absolutely. iPhone updates are individual events that are not the same. I can argue all iPhone questions are just as much related as distinct iPhone updates.

No one, and I mean no one, will wade through a 10 page thread looking for information on a specific update. We don't do it for OS X, it makes no more sense to do it for iPhone updates.

Reaction score
No one, and I mean no one, will wade through a 10 page thread looking for information on a specific update. We don't do it for OS X, it makes no more sense to do it for iPhone updates.

Agreed

Reaction score
We don't really need this yet but can we keep a running thread about iPhone updates and bug fixes? It would be easiest to keep them in one thread.
Probably gong to be a long thread.

I'm not sure iPhone is ready for prime time. Certainly not worth $600 at this point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Why don't we have individual threads for each update and then a single sticky that links to each of those threads (obviously keep this locked and have only a moderator update it). I figure this would be the best idea since it can be safely assumed that there won't be too many iPhone updates

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.