PDA

View Full Version : Dropped your iPhone yet?

Osiris22x
07-07-2007, 11:06 AM
After watching PC Worlds iPhone abuse test, I'm feeling pretty good about the durability of this phone. I did manage to drop it for the first time yesterday, however, with zero damage to the phone, not even superficial scratches. Have you dropped yours yet? Did your heart stop for a moment? ;)

PapaNoHair
07-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Not much chance the first few weeks - everyone is probably clutching it too tightly in their hands (and not letting go!) :D

unlokia
07-08-2007, 12:09 AM
This silly kid, managed to RUIN his, during the first TWO HOURS of ownership!!.

Pardon the cliche, but D'OOOH!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRyPYYqZHv0

jotdess
07-08-2007, 04:52 AM
I haven't dropped mine yet and don't plan on doing so anytime soon. ;)

fleurya
07-08-2007, 05:06 AM

Either a perfect example of why kids shouldn't own anything worth $600 or a kid that wants attention. I mean, why would someone make a video announcing how stupid they are?

I saw one video I can't find now of a guy who dropped his on the ground immediately after pulling it out of the box right in front of the Apple store.

Kash
07-08-2007, 05:42 AM
After reading the comments, I too am skeptical about that kid dropping his iPhone in the toilet. For starters, he claimed to have camped out for 4 days at a Best Buy, when the iPhone wasn't sold at Best Buy. Second, he didn't show any pictures or evidence of the damaged phone, which shouldn't have been a problem since he could have easily taken the phone out of the toilet.

IMO, his whole story is a bunch of BS

Oh, and I haven't dropped my iPhone, but like PapaNoHair said, it's because I'm holding on too tightly :P

D3v1L80Y
07-08-2007, 06:37 AM

That silly kid never had an iPhone. Here is another cinematic masterpiece of his:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7PNNy2QMmM&NR=1

It could just be me, but doesn't this kid remind you of the character Chunk from the movie The Goonies?

yogi
07-08-2007, 07:05 AM
Raises an itneresting question, though: What happens to your at&t plan if you iPhone gets destroyed?

BeanieRobert
07-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Either a perfect example of why kids shouldn't own anything worth $600 or a kid that wants attention. I mean, why would someone make a video announcing how stupid they are?

I saw one video I can't find now of a guy who dropped his on the ground immediately after pulling it out of the box right in front of the Apple store.

I found the link to the video you are talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvNujZ3ZDKs

unlokia
07-08-2007, 01:40 PM
I found the link to the video you are talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvNujZ3ZDKs

HAHA!! BUTTER FINGERS!! :P :P ;D

BeanieRobert
07-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Well it feel out of the box. He didnt pick it up and then dropped it. I know when i get mine i will open it on my bed, just incase.:D

ambivalent
07-08-2007, 04:51 PM
I dropped mine but from like a foot up onto carpet. I have this strange small dent in the top left corner. Barely noticeable but really bugs me! I can't imagine what could have done it. I hold onto it with my dear life.

Still works fine though. :-)

unlokia
07-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Just as long as you clumsy folks keep dropping your shiny new hardware, make sure you aim it at a *FLAT* surface, and not a protruding object, that would cause a high concentration of pressure, upon one small area of that glass screen...

C________R________A________C________K________!!!!

Poor iPhone - look after them, you numbnutz!. :P

We all know how being OVER protective with things, causes more harm than good; this is a classic case of that!. If you get all jittery and nervous, combined with your holding it too tight, ya gonna drop the thing. Period!. Chill, sit back and enjoy. Yeah - it's an expensive item, but not a ming dynasty vase, and you could always buy another, should the very worst happen. CHILL GUYS!.

HardBench.com
07-08-2007, 09:15 PM
It really is as durable as most other cell phones.

unlokia
07-08-2007, 09:42 PM
It really is as durable as most other cell phones.

Hmmm... looks like it is a little MORE durable. Try dropping a nokia, and finding NO scratches on the plastic. Hah!.

mathogre
07-09-2007, 12:13 AM
We all know how being OVER protective with things, causes more harm than good; this is a classic case of that!. If you get all jittery and nervous, combined with your holding it too tight, ya gonna drop the thing. Period!. Chill, sit back and enjoy. Yeah - it's an expensive item, but not a ming dynasty vase, and you could always buy another, should the very worst happen. CHILL GUYS!.
Yup. Ha ha ha ha!!!!!! You're absolutely right.

I remember my honeymoon. Hawaii, 1984. We'd arrived at Maui and saw a Ferrari 308 GTS that had a sign on it that said, "Rent Me". It was far more than we could afford. I rented a new Corvette for a day for half the price. It was lots of fun. When I returned it the next day, a guy was returning the Ferrari and looked to have had no fun whatsoever. He was so worried about it. ????!!!! They're things. They can be replaced. If you're not going to have fun with something like that, what's the point?

Kudos unlokia!

unlokia
07-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Yup. Ha ha ha ha!!!!!! You're absolutely right.

I remember my honeymoon. Hawaii, 1984. We'd arrived at Maui and saw a Ferrari 308 GTS that had a sign on it that said, "Rent Me". It was far more than we could afford. I rented a new Corvette for a day for half the price. It was lots of fun. When I returned it the next day, a guy was returning the Ferrari and looked to have had no fun whatsoever. He was so worried about it. ????!!!! They're things. They can be replaced. If you're not going to have fun with something like that, what's the point?

Kudos unlokia!

People's obsession with all things material, angers and saddens me, but also makes me laugh, to be honest. It is a joke!. If my iPod Video blew up, I wouldn't cry, or hold a burial service for it, I'd just accept that it is a _THING_, and nothing more.

iPhone... Car.... PC..... Mac.... Whatever.... these are all *THINGS*, and worth nothing more than their purchased price, or sometimes also the value of the personal content held within them (BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!! - HOW MANY TIMES ARE WE TOLD?!!) so, in a nutshell...

GET A LIFE (and an insurance policy! ;) )

diesel828
07-09-2007, 09:45 PM
I dropped mine, but didn't realize it. I was laying in my bed with it and I fell asleep while watching an episode of "Dexter" on the iPhone. I woke up and it was on the floor. Glad it was just a two and a half foot plop onto the carpet and a bunch of clothes.

fyrman22
07-10-2007, 04:47 PM
I have dropped mine a few times thankfully I had allready had a case on it. The case exploded into 3 pieces but the phone is fine. Its the contour one the case pops back together don't know if its supposed to do that but it does. I'm sure I'll buy about 5 more cases before I find one I like like the 200 iPod cases I have seemed to aquire.

Civic_Sista
07-16-2007, 11:56 AM
I dropped mine for the first time on Saturday. I was at the bar, and had it in my back pocket. Went to the bathroom, and was pulling up my pants and clink, there goes my iPhone on the floor. I was so glad it didn't fall into the toilet!

diesel828
07-16-2007, 01:13 PM
I dropped mine for the first time on Saturday. I was at the bar, and had it in my back pocket. Went to the bathroom, and was pulling up my pants and clink, there goes my iPhone on the floor. I was so glad it didn't fall into the toilet!

What was the damage?

MUDCRABS
07-16-2007, 07:54 PM
After watching PC Worlds iPhone abuse test, I'm feeling pretty good about the durability of this phone. I did manage to drop it for the first time yesterday, however, with zero damage to the phone, not even superficial scratches. Have you dropped yours yet? Did your heart stop for a moment? ;)

I'll let you know in 2008 when and if I drop mine here in OZ:D

dohidied
07-17-2007, 04:21 AM
I dropped mine today in my bedroom. It bounced across the carpet and hit a heating register that I need to install. It took some paint off of the SIM tray, but it's not too noticable. I'm just glad it didn't hit the screen.

activeseven
07-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I had my iPhone thrown at me....yes thrown at me. My GF (well ex now) and I were arguing and she picked up my iPhone and actually threw it at me. It slammed against the wall pretty hard and fell to the ground. I nearly had a heart attack.

But I picked it up and aside from a small dent on the side and a scratch, it works just fine which is wonderful for me. Cause if it didn't work I could imagine the headlines.."Man murders woman over breaking iPhone."