G5 Powermac keyboard not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
This morning my keyboard worked fine, this evening I sit down and the keys on the right side of the board are not working.

I am not sure if the baby or someone else did something, however nothing that I can think of would cause this.

Typing this out on the laptop...I did disconnect and will be restarting the machine tomorrow, but thought I would try posting here. Is there a way to "reset" the keyboard if it is something the baby did? (She routinely will gain access too the keyboard and hit it)

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Well have just been using the laptop.

Need to fix this, tried using the air compressor to blow out any dirt from the keyboard it does not appear to really be the issue.

Have restarted the machine both with and without the keyboard attached (should mention its plugged into one of the USB jacks on the cinema display)

Was thinking of taking it apart and cleaning it. There are three little screw type things on the bottom with an unusual pattern (Star) would these be the way to disassemble the keyboard?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.