• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I hate you, TELUS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Ugh. My cell phone company, TELUS Mobility, is angering me more and more. TELUS is dropping nearly every call. I haven't had any signal for about 7 hours. I've walked around the neighborhood, with no luck of getting any signal. Did I mention I am less than 10 km away from a tower? Ugh. TELUS crippled a bunch of features, put a hideous UI, and fuglified my new phone. They're expensive, too. Our latest bill was nearly $140. For two lines.
TELUS cut my SPARK plan for no good reason, didn't tell me, and I kept using it on a pay-per-use basis, making HUGE costs. TELUS charges me for recieving text messages. For anyone looking to get a new phone in Canada, do NOT choose TELU$ mobility.

telus3.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i think all companies charge for receiving text messages.. other then that the rest of it is horrible.. you should change your carrier.

Reaction score
i think all companies charge for receiving text messages.. other then that the rest of it is horrible.. you should change your carrier.

I've never heard of them before. Maybe next time look into a more mainstream carrier?

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've never heard of them before. Maybe next time look into a more mainstream carrier?

Notice I am in canada. Essentially, TELUS is the Verizon of Canada, bell is the alltel of canada, and Rogers is the Cingular/AT&T of canada. :) TELUS is the biggest carrier in Canada. Everyone hates them, but they're a monopoly.

Nope, it's pretty standard for all carriers to give unlimited incoming. Unfortunately, I picked a 3 year contract with TELU$. :(

Roger's, my friend. :D

You're thinking exactly what I am thinking. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Nope, it's pretty standard for all carriers to give unlimited incoming. Unfortunately, I picked a 3 year contract with TELU$. :(

wow, most carriers here charge 5¢ for incoming 10¢ for outgoing if you dont' have a plan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blue and White G3 My First Mac!
I love Telus! I was a Fido Customer but when Rogers took over it went terrible.
With Telus you really have to know what you get charged otherwise good bye cashola, but I guess that is true with any phone carrier. Its funny how different people have different experiences with that same provider. Some hate and and love. Like the old saying one man's garbage is another man's treasure!

Reaction score
Ugh. My cell phone company, TELUS Mobility, is angering me more and more. TELUS is dropping nearly every call. I haven't had any signal for about 7 hours. I've walked around the neighborhood, with no luck of getting any signal. Did I mention I am less than 10 km away from a tower? Ugh. TELUS crippled a bunch of features, put a hideous UI, and fuglified my new phone. They're expensive, too. Our latest bill was nearly $140. For two lines.
TELUS cut my SPARK plan for no good reason, didn't tell me, and I kept using it on a pay-per-use basis, making HUGE costs. TELUS charges me for recieving text messages. For anyone looking to get a new phone in Canada, do NOT choose TELU$ mobility.

telus3.gif

iRye... I think you and I both no there is only one way to solve this problem!

GET AN iPHONE :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I've honestly never had a problem with Telus, and I've been with them for almost 2 years.

When my RAZR had to get sent in for repairs, they caleld me a week later to check up on it and make sure everything was okay. That was the first time a company has ever done that with me.

The prices are a bit steep, I pay a bout $50-$80 a month, depending on usage. However, most of my calls are free.

Apart from the 150 minutes that I pay for as part of my plan, the only other time I pay for is long distance.

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When my Nokia 6265i went for repairs, I went to a friendly local place called Downtown Wireless(not owned by TELU$). They called me and said the phone had to be replaced, but they were extremely nice about it and gave me the best loaner they had. Then when my RAZR died, they were sympathetic about the fact my brother voided it's warranty. (My white dot turned red. My brother and I traded phones.) They let me buy a new phone, and at an awesome discount. :) I like the TELUS people, but ugh...a firmware modification JUST to get signal? No. Reprogramming your whole phone JUST to get some signal? No.

None of my friends who have TELUS are very happy with them. All of my with rogers say they're cheap, and very nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I had Roger's when I was in college, and had nothing but crap service from them.

I've never dropped so many calls in my life.

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i could say the same about TELU$ lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.