Just got first mac

Reaction score
i just got my first ever mac and i have a couple of questions that may be kinda dumb. 1, what are widgets and how do you get them? 2, how do you burn mp3s onto a disc? Can it be done through itunes or is there another app that is better?

T

todd51

Let's see, first off welcome to the forums!

Widgets are nifty little things that you can download through the Internet that offer various services. You view them via Dashboard and there are many different ones to choose from. Here is a good place to start looking for ones that interest you to download:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/

There also some that come pre-installed on your Mac. To see these click on the + icon in the bottom left corner of the screen when your viewing the Dashboard. Then just simply drag it onto the screen!

I'm not sure but you may be able to burn mp3 discs under Disk Utility under Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility. If you don't see anything there I'm sure software like Toast would do it, I have never done an mp3 disc so I don't know. Now if your talking about just making an Audio CD then yes iTunes would work just fine, just put songs on a Playlist and burn the Playlist!

Reaction score
The easiest way to burn mp3s is through iTunes. Check the app's preferences, including under Advanced, to set up the process and for the various choices you can make.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67ghz powerbook G4, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD.
To get to dashboard press F12

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.